Maps cannot unlock message on Garmin Fenix 7

Hello Good Night,

I have a garmin fenix 7 Software version 13.22 and I started having the following message when I turn on my watch, Maps cannot unlock.

How can I solve this issue? I tried turning it off and turning it on and it didn´t work.

thank you,
Best Regards.

• Thank you very much. I noticed that the issue was with course view maps (3) so I copied to my pc and then deleted. Then I connected the watch to GE and downloaded again and evertyhing worked ok.

Thank you very much for all the help.

• I tried this but it didn´t work. It worked when I deleted the course view maps from the watch and then re downloaded them.

Thank you very much for the help

• Hello, yesterday I in Garmin Express jumped map update after updating and restarting the watch can not unlock maps. Do you have anyone the same problem? This is the F7X. 

I tried reinstalling the maps completely and still the same problem... Maps locked

https://ibb.co/QNqb8VG

• Joined your post to this main thread.

• I am sorry there is an issue after your map update.

- Do you remember what map(s) Garmin Express gave you to update? 

- Are you using a PC or a Mac computer to update through? 

- Did Garmin Express say the update showing 100% completed when you unplugged from your computer? 

- How soon after the map update completed did you unplug your watch from your computer? 

- Is your TopoActive map working correctly when you view it?

Working with another customer but with another generation watch, we deleted the TopoActive map and reinstalled it and the issue resolved. However, it was another series altogether but could be related.

• The cause of the issue has been resolved on our end. Using Garmin Express again will resolve your issue.

To Fix:

Uninstall Garmin Express off your computer then install it again.

Reinstalling Course Maps

The Support Center article discusses an Approach golf watch but the steps to try in Garmin Express will resolve your watch issue too.

• What I did and it worked from me was to connect the watch to the pc. Then i went to the Garmin Drive and delete View course maps from and then I re downloaded from GE.

• Hello Chris. I also had a problem after updating courses. TOPO maps work fine for me. I deleted the files manually and reinstalled via GC. Now, after turning on the watch, I do not have a message (when loading maps), only after disconnecting the cable from the computer - PC. In GC, after connecting, it also shows me that I have 3 courses uploaded, after re-entering - it only sees one on the list in GC.

• It seems that the problem is related to update of courses

• Hello Chris,

This can happen, it's still just a device, it's enough for me if the problem is solved by another update or some instructions on how to proceed in this case.  I already deleted the maps, re-uploaded and it didn't fix the problem.

- Do you remember what map(s) Garmin Express gave you to update? 

If I'm not mistaken, it was an update of maps topoactive, courseview europe and something with golf

- Are you using a PC or a Mac computer to update through? 

I'm using  Windows 10 and Garmin Express in it

- Did Garmin Express say the update showing 100% completed when you unplugged from your computer? 

Yes

- How soon after the map update completed did you unplug your watch from your computer? 

approx 5 min

- Is your TopoActive map working correctly when you view it?

Yes, it works normally when browsing