New Fenix 7 Pro activities for non-Pro Fenix 7 devices

Is there any chance some (or all) new activity profiles from 7 Pro models will come to non-Pro devices as well?

Basketball, Volleyball, Field Hockey,Ice Hockey, Football/Soccer, American Football, Lacrosse, Rugby, Ultimate Frisbee, Cricket, Softball Baseball, Ice Skating, Inline Skating, Archery, Overland, Whitewater, Kayak, Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Snorkel, BMX, Motocross, Table Tennis Squash, Racquetball, Badminton, Platform Tennis
  • I moved this passage to the other thread, I mexed up those two. But yeah of course it can. But outside isn't the problem of course. Outside it performs good as it is, not as good as a F6 but good enough. During daily use (or non use as backlight is off haha) it becomes annoying.

• It looks like typical Garmin approach.
    When they released new Marq watches introducing new features, they arrived to Fenix next with next big release.
    Nothing to complain, as long as these features will be on our watches.

• How did they do it with the Marq 2? Just had a newer software on the watch that was not available on the update servers?

And yes I don't want to wait till Q3 to use the native Inline Skating profile, I would like to use it next week. Hopefully someone will upload that file.

• How did they do it with the Marq 2? Just had a newer software on the watch that was not available on the update servers?

As always, watch was released with dedicated software and in next release all models were adjusted to same version.

And yes I don't want to wait till Q3 to use the native Inline Skating profile, I would like to use it next week. Hopefully someone will upload that file.

Who stops you from buying new model if you so desparaterly needs these functions?

• with dedicated software

Interesting, so much effort splitting it in two for a release just to splice it together again including the fixes from 13.22 and new features from whatever the version on the pro is called. What could possibly go wrong. Thinking

Yea I could order one, copy the file I need and send it back. Wink

• The Betas with the new features and activities will probably released in the next month is my guess. But the stable official release will probably have to wait a few months. It's your choice. If you want it now you have to order the pro NOW!

PS: Seems a little silly, sorry, to think you can copy a fw from a different watch to yours. You can try it but you have a dead watch then. This is not android where you can take things from a FW and make a new FW for a different device. But I guess this was a joke :D

• Not silly, copying the firmware would not work (because it would miss the installation files), activity profiles not a problem, people doing this for a long time.

Otherwise if the firmware install files are available it would work, they are supposed to run on the same firmware. Would only be an issue if the "specially created" initial firmware would prohibit that.

Fenix 7/Epix 2/Enduro 2/Quatix 7/Marq 2/Fenix 7 Pro/Epix 2 Pro are all using the same firmware in the end.

• Interesting, so much effort splitting it in two for a release just to splice it together again including the fixes from 13.22 and new features from whatever the version on the pro is called. What could possibly go wrong.

As I saw in other thread here PRO devices are different from hardware side and a lot might go wrong.
    I thin we will see in couple weeks will PRO devices be on the same SW release as regular EPIX and Fenix or different one?
    If it will be the same release that mean it was only business decision, if on separate you will know why.

• You said to me in another thread, DCrainmaker said in his video it's the same.

• Yes it is wha he said but it is not true, OHR changed, all devices got torch, for Fenix it looks that something changed with display.
    And on other thread here Chris from Garmin said that PRO devices are on different hardware platform.