Big heart rate problem while biking

I noticed now for the third time now that my heart rate drops from ~150 to ~80 during intense training and won't recover until I hard reset the watch. No way my heart rate is around 80, I feel my heart pounding hard when this happens. Watch is firmly strapped, as always during any type of training. Moving the the watch around doesn't make a difference.

Connected to a 1030 plus, running fw 10.36. Fenix 7 solar.

• Sorry, the answer IS buying a chest strap. You're being naïve if you think you're going to get an accurate optical heart rate reading on your wrist while on a bicycle. That's silly talk, site you might have gotten away with that in a fenix 6 but the sensors on the 7 are much better therefore more finicky, period.

• I've had a similar problem on 4 different Garmin whist HR devices transmitting to 3 different Garmin Edge devices over the last few years. Sometimes it does appear to be made better or worse with firmware updates but they all did it. Sometimes not every ride and sometimes would be fine for hour after hour but they all did it eventually. I see it very much as both a hardware and software issue. The hardware is not very good for consistently measuring HR when cycling and the software is poor at coping with this - although any would struggle