Can I get the most of the HRM-Pro if I use it with a Fenix 5 ?

Hello,

I am considering of buying a HRM-Pro to use it alongside my Fenix 5.

I am wondering if my -4 year old -Fenix 5 will be compatible with all the metrics the band is able to provide (ie: I saw respiration rate is available for Fenix 6 but not for some other devices) or it would be just a waste of money.

Is there some official info where I can check what features are supported by the Fenix 5 watches?

Thanks a lot and happy runs

• There is no respiration rate on the Fenix 5 series for the HRM-TRI so I assume it is the same with the Pro

Garmin refuses to backport it even though it's in the HRV data (in theory a third party utility could calculate it afterwards).

We don't even get the respiration rate app the vivoactive gets which makes no sense, that can't be hard to just put on the Fenix5

support.garmin.com/.../

Edge 530
        Edge 830
        Edge 1030 Plus

fenix 6 Series
        Forerunner 945
        MARQ Collection
        quatix 6 Series
        tactix Delta Series

D2 Air
        Forerunner 245/245 Music
        Forerunner 745
        Venu
        Venu Sq
        vivoactive 4/4S (including Hero and Legacy Series watches)

We're also not getting CIQ 3.2 apparently so I have to assume fenix5/935 is "end of life" (sure are selling a lot of them for the holidays though)

forums.garmin.com/.../connect-iq-3-2-now-available

Connect IQ 3.2 is available for the following devices:

vívoactive® 3 Music
        vívoactive® 4 Series
        Legacy Series
        Venu Series
        fēnix® 6/Pro/Solar Series (New! 8/27)
        Forerunner® 245 (New! 8/27)
        Forerunner® 945 (New! 8/27)
        MARQ Series (New! 8/27)
        quatix® 6/Solar Series  (New! 8/27)

• I really don't care that connect iq 3.2 isn't coming to my forerunner 935. 

If there is 1 sure way to batterydrains and instable watches then it is by installing iq apps.

• Why would you buy a garmin if you aren't going to use iq apps/datafields, other watches are half the price.

The problem is people try to use their garmin as a day-to-day watch and then also for activities, pick one not both

• Man that's sad... Very disappointed with Garmin.

Thanks a lot for the info!

• Why I bought a Garmin?

That’s simple.

Polar laks navigation options.

Suunto messed up their backend software.

Coros wasn’ there yet with a stable system.

cheaper watches lak batterylife. (No, I don’t do 20 hour ultra’s, but with a big battery the change that I first have to charge before a workout is slim. Also batterydegeneration is caused by chargecycles. A big battery that has to be charges once a week has less degeneration than a small battery that has to be charges every 3 days.)

And my forerunner 935 works fine for daily alerts, alarm and time. It also works fine for running and cycling.

as long as you don’t use iq apps.

The real problem is, people want more data without knowing wat it means or can do with it. They just want more and more.