Unproductive

My week usually consists of 3 5k runs on a flat training park ,  I've  added a  10k run with small hills which has lowered my pace but kept my heart rate up, after my run feeling pleased with my effort I was gutted to see Unproductive in my  training status 

• Have a read: https://www.firstbeat.com/en/blog/my-training-status-is-unproductive-what-can-i-do-to-change-it/

You may or may not consider this helpful but it is likely to be more accurate than what any of us here might tell you. I would also advise that when you want to learn more about the health and fitness features that you do a search including firstbeat with provides most of the algorithms that facilitate the fitness features.

• I took one day off this week because I've just done 10k and 5k races back to back over the weekend, and my Garmin marked me down to unproductive for the day's rest and now, despite smashing both my 10k and 5k recent pbs, it's still saying unproductive.

I was almost a minute per mile faster than any of my runs over the last few months, and over sustained race distances and the Garmin algorithm seems blind to this. All it apparently sees is that I missed a day this week. Pretty blunt tool, I'd say.

• "An occasional dip into Unproductive territory is to be expected. For example, an exceptionally hard exercise (or a race) can produce a short-lived Unproductive Training Status.

This results from training adaptation model called supercompensation: intense efforts are often followed by a brief decline in performance capacity after which you will bounce back higher than before, assuming you give yourself a chance to recover properly. In this situation your Training Status should change to Productive or Maintaining once your body has a chance to catch up."

Does this sound familiar?