Concept2 BikeErg and Bike Indoor

Hey,

I have a BikeErg and would like to use the "Bike Indoor" app on my Fenix 5. Bike Indoor does pair with the PM5 and I see the Spd/Cad sensors on the watch and receive signals BUT I'm riding the BikeErg with the ridiculous speed of ~1500km/h according to the watch. Any idea how to fix that or is that a bug in the firmware? I can provide some photos of the watch with "Bike Indoors" if desired ...

The ErgIQ app also works but does not synchronize all data with Garmin Connect and also does not work with the Training Load, etc :-( 

The ErgData app for iOS works perfectly and does synchronize to Garmin Connect ... but I also like the BikeErg workout on my watch ...

Cyrill

• I tried setting the rim size on the watch to something I saw on the C2 forum (700x23c or 2096mm but it still came up with a BS number.

Like you I would have liked to receive the data from GC because using the bike on Zwift doesn't give me the training / recovery numbers.

I think we need to find out what the "wheel" size is that C2 are using for the powermeter before we can reliably use the Fenix and the PM 5 together.

• I found the solution: I was using the incorrect ANT+ sensor. You have 4 different sensors on the PM5. When I connect the Fenix 5 with the SPD/CAD (The last one of the four sensors!) on the PM5 then I get the correct speed and other metrics. Maybe the name is the same. In my above post I was connecting to the first sensor.

• Were you able to connect both the Power and Spd/Cad sensors to the Garmin watch? I was able to do it once but can't seem to do it again. When one connects, the other disconnects.

• Power and Spd/Cad are getting connected automatically now. It works very well. No problems. I alway chose "Bike Indoors" and it connects.

• Replying to myself :-) With that above said I get the correct cycling VO2max and FTP displays. Very cool features.

• The only way I can connect to both is to use PM5 Bluetooth Smart protocol for the Speed/Cadence sensor and the ANT+ protocol for the Power sensor. So, yes, there is a way to connect both but the Spd/Cadence is wildly incorrect in this setup.

• I found the solution: I was using the incorrect ANT+ sensor. You have 4 different sensors on the PM5. When I connect the Fenix 5 with the SPD/CAD (The last one of the four sensors!) on the PM5 then I get the correct speed and other metrics. Maybe the name is the same. In my above post I was connecting to the first sensor.

Thank you very much for this info!  I thought I was connecting to the SPD/CAD sensor on my PM5, but it was one of the other sensors I had previosly paired which presented the same ID to my fenix 6x Pro - didn't work, gave me crazy high speed.  Simple solution was to delete ALL sensors from my watch and add only the SPD/CAD ANT+ sensor - works like a charm.  I then went and added back my HRM-Tri chest HRM and all is good now in my BikeErg world.

• Can you connect PWR as well? Do you get VO2 max estimation?

• Yes the Fenix 5 only connects with PWR, SPD/CAD and Heart Rate. Only with these 3 data sources I get the correct trainings effect data and Vo2 max, currently stuck at 50....

• I only bought the Fenix 5 two days ago.  I discovered the SPD/CAD pairing on the BikeErg, worked fine.  I've also discovered that you can set up the Concept2 logbook to export to Garmin. To do this I use ergdata with my BikeErg.  Ergdata synchs to the concept2 log and my concept2 log is set up to forward activities to Garmin and Strava, which saves having to set up the watch as well as the Ergdata app on my phone. However these forwarded activities show in my connect mobile app and online Garmin activity list but not on the Fenix 5 itself, so I'm wondering

(1) if the exported concept2 activities tat are recorded in my Garmin mobile app and Garmin connect online log will betaken in to account for Garmin's VO2 calculation, does anyone know the answer to this please? 

(2) I've not yet been able to connect the Fenix 5 to my Concept2 rower as the ANT SPD/CAD option is not available on it, I think possibly because it is an older version PM5 than on my BikeErg, I intend to check with Concept2 regarding this. So it currently looks like the only way I can record a row is via ergdata to concept2 log to Garmin connect or by potentially using the Fenix 5 with ErgIQ, which I've yet to try but I understand this works but to what granularity/accuracy of detail I'm not sure. I'd therefore be grateful for any input/experience from anyone, using the Fenix 5 with ErgIQ and the Concept2 rower as to how usefully this works?

Thanks in advance for any help given