This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 3 HR - Temperature and Baromerter not working

Dear All, I Have a Fenix 3 HR and the temperature and barometer sensors stopped working. It just don't measure anymore, but used to work(last time worked  was in 18/11/17). Firmware Version: 5.40.0.0 Jul 22 em 15:13 I tried to restore defaults but didn't worked. Can you give me instrunctions in how to fix this? Kind Regards

• Hi Carlos,

Just have the same issue now since a couple of weeks.

Have you been able to fix it?

Thx

G

• No, sent to the store to fix it a fews days ago

• Ok so it seems related to a HW issue with the sensor then. I would be interested to hear the outcome Blush.
    By the way, I still have the non-HR version, but it is based on same architecture I assume.
  • Ok. I let u know. I have tried to downgrade the firmware, factory reset and  nothing worked out. Weel if costs more then 30% to fix it, probably I will buy a new one. 

• Ok. I Just received the answer. A circuit board just "went to hell". They don't even fix it. It Stays like that or a new watch. 

Ok. that's all. Regards.

• Well actually I'm not totally surprised of what you got as an answer, but it's a pity it cannot be fixed in a way...

The watches are of good quality in general but then failing on one of their 'delighting' features, making it a 'dissatisfyer' instead...

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the new choice (sooner or later)!

• This is a known issue with the Fenix 3
    I am on my third watch in less than 4 years.  The temperature will spike to some insane number (589 degrees this time, 888 degrees last time) 
    The altimeter/barometer also goes haywire (250.8 inches vs a standard range of 28-31) and the altitude was 68400 feet last time and this time it shows -69544.
    The first watch lasted just out of warranty.  With a lot of cajoling I got a replacement free.  The second time, I paid $60 for a refurb.  The third time, I paid $120 for a refurb and they sent me a glass version instead of a Sapphire.

I am weighing other options now that this one is acting up.  

On one hand, I am invested in the Garmin Universe with all my data and charts for 5 years and nothing beat Garmin battery life. 
    On the other hand, swimming, which is my main exercise, was not supported on other watches in the past and this is getting better on Samsung, Suunto, Apple and even Fitbit. 

Last time I went through this, I saw that the issue was affecting Fenix 5 as well.  I am really sad that I have spent now over $700 for a fitness watch that has barely lasted 4 years. 

I am afraid to invest in a Fenix 5 or 6 since I'm not sure this issue will ever be fixed.

Sigh....

• Humm.. this time is a garmin forerunner 645 music. Pretty good.

• @PaulObrelander. Battery life isn’t an issue. As a matter of facts, the Suunto 9 is battery life champ at the moment. But it is quite big. To big for me, but since you have a fenix 3 that might not a problem.

Also high end polars have excelent battery life.

And 5 years of data? I’ve switched from suunto to garmin but haven’t looked back at old data. Plus it’s all in strava nowadays anyway. But thats personel.

I’m fed up with the many bugs in garmin software. My forerunner 935 is almost 3 years. The basics that I need are stil ok. But my next watch is not going to be a garmin. Probably a polar, because I havent tried that brand yet