Battery dries out fast with Software update 13.30 (3b06a30) Fenix 5X problem

Yes, I have the same problem in Fenix 5X. This real problem really makes you angry, because you cannot use your watch!

Battery really dries out in one night even that phone connection is not on. Before it was last many days.

This is question for the Garmin team. Did you forgot to test your software update for the old Fenix 5X?

Please make old software available, so I can use my watch, or just fix that bug ! ASAP ! 

Software update 13.30 (3b06a30)

• One note for this one. I have configured a year ago all settings to minimum battery use. So this is not the problem in my watch. So the problem is this new update not my watch configuration.

• Yes, extremely fast indeed dries battery out even with the minimum battery saving configuration!

I hope that they will release fixing for this really soon, because my next hiking trip is 28th of June.  So I cannot use this Fenix 5X watch during that trip at all, which is really a crap situation for me.

This pisses me off! And this watch is not cheap one and I did not wait this kind of update from Garmin. Garmin testing team, did you test at all those updates????

• I'd try the various reset options. Starting with a simple power-cycle, then moving to a factory reset if the simple solution doesn't work. If that doesn't work, it's time to contact Garmin support.

• Hello,
    I had the same problem with Fenix5 though. Solved by installing an old firmware, now I have installed fw 12 and the battery lasts me about 20 days with some activities done.
    you find on the various forums where to download the old firmware and how to do the installation

• I got same problem, one day its takes bout 25 of battery on watch mode and another day its got normal consumption. Its very-very weird an innoing.

• On this topic : forums.garmin.com/.../896761

I found that the battery drain is from the HR optical  sensor on my F5S.

Do you still have heavy battery drain if you deactivate it ?

• I understand how frustrating this is but it does not seem to be a common issue with the update (or, given the rate of discharge you are seeing there would be a lot more complaints).   I'm not seeing any difference in battery use from before.  As mcalista suggests, try the various restarts, leaving the full reset as a last resort.  I'd also go over the settings that you used for minimum battery use to see if something got reset (such as constantly trying to connect to a phone).  I lose about 8% a day with OHR and phone connected 24/7 (and normal discharge rate during activities).  If you can't find a solution time to contact support but you know the first thing they will ask is for you to do a full reset.  Side note - this is a user forum so asking the Garmin Team to fix something on this forum is not likely to help you at all.

• I have the same issue with Fenix 5. After a firmware update at the end of january, battery drains in 3-4 days, no matter if I do activities or not. Since february, Garmin replaced me 4 watches without finding a solution. The last time they sent me a black one instead of my silver, saying  that it is a problem that never appeared with black series (!!!). But of course it happened again, even 2 days of battery duration. I tried to change my watch with my husband's, same watch and same phone, with my settings on his watch and with his settings on my watch. Same problem to the watch he wore, no problems with HIS watch I wore. Garmin Italy simply doesn't know what to do, how to solve, completely groping in the dark.

• What detail of firmware intalled at your fenix 5

• I received software update 13.4 today. See if this update resolves your problem