Fenix 5S - Trail Run widget

The mileage when using the Trail Run widget is so far off. I ran a 25k (15.5 m) race and the final mileage came out to 21.58 miles. That is so far off that it's not even worth wearing the watch for mileage/pace. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, were you able to fix it. The Run widget is off, too but usually not more than a quarter of a mile. It's so frustrating!

Parents
  • I have been experimenting with various measurements and situations.  Once in any trees, my Fenix 5X Plus shows consistently short distances.  A 10% difference on a 25 k.  This means I was preparing for another 3 km when the finish line appeared.

Garmin says that the rugged metal reduces GPS signal accuracy.  That explains why numerous racers on older, cheaper devices recorded distances within 0.5 km of the race organizer's measured distance.  The mapped location is consistently 20 m short of my location.  Map is a nice feature unless it tells you the edge of the cliff is 20 m ahead when you take the next step:).

Garmin says this is good enough for a "consumer" GPS.  I say it is garbage.

• I have been experimenting with various measurements and situations.  Once in any trees, my Fenix 5X Plus shows consistently short distances.  A 10% difference on a 25 k.  This means I was preparing for another 3 km when the finish line appeared.

Garmin says that the rugged metal reduces GPS signal accuracy.  That explains why numerous racers on older, cheaper devices recorded distances within 0.5 km of the race organizer's measured distance.  The mapped location is consistently 20 m short of my location.  Map is a nice feature unless it tells you the edge of the cliff is 20 m ahead when you take the next step:).

Garmin says this is good enough for a "consumer" GPS.  I say it is garbage.

Children
No Data