Fenix 5 plus : slow loading maps and lags SOLVED

Hello

It's the first time I'm writing here because I want to share my experience with slow loading Garmin maps and how I have finally fixed this problem.

For a mysterious reason, after a firmware update last year (I don't remember exactly when), it was impossible to use Garmin maps and lots of you have experienced that problem. I read all your posts, trying to find a solution. I believe I tried all : hard reset, soft reset, update the Garmin Topoactive maps...

And the result was still a disaster: a many hundreds bucks watch that doesn't longer work...

Yesterday I decided to try another thing, because after updated the Garmin Topoactive maps, it was still so long to load and display during activities : I remplaced all the Garmin Topoactive maps with maps from Frikart.com. No more problems of loading but impossible to calculate itineraries and some soft reset when I used the function Around me...

Then, I tried the Armageddon solution: I have deleted absolutely all files in the Garmin folder, excepted all subfolders and files inside these subfolders.

Then I connected the Fenix 5 plus to Garmin Express and used the function to reinstall the last Topoactive maps (Europe for me).

I don't understand why but I have no more problems. My Fenix 5 plus works very well as the first time : quick loading, no lags, instant zoom, all functions work fine. I will need to test other functions than maps to be sure that there's no other regression.

My firmware installed on the watch is v19.10. I saw that there's a new one (19.30) but I think I will not update for the moment. Just afraid to get a dysfunctional Fenix 5 plus again...

If it can help, I would be happy