Fenix 5X+ Charging pin totally corroded

Hi all,

I am an owner of fenix 5x+ DLC titanium which I bought at December 2018. From the first months the charging pin has already start to corrode, but I didn't send it to the service center because I'm already attached and really need the watch for daily activity. Today the pins (yes all of them) already too corroded to the point it cannot be charge. I already contacted garmin support about this and I was advised to send the unit to service center. I'm in Indonesia by the way. But since the 2 years warranty has already past, the estimated cost of the service will be around USD 180 - 200, which I think is ridiculous. For a rugged and supposed to be tough watch like this to have a silly corrosion problem is already disappointing, but the service cost that someone have to pay for fixing it is ridiculous. And I know this happened to so many owners. So if any of you guys have a work around or tweak for this similar problem I would really happy to hear, because spending USD 200 for the charging pin is not an option for me. Thanks before.

Regards,

Irsan Tenggara