This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 Plus in boot loop after attempting to upgrade to 16.71 beta.

Hi,

Because I've had some problems with 15.40 firmware (random reboots) that did not get fixed by factory reset and removing apps & activities, i decided to give the 16.71 beta a try, and followed instructions here

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-5-plus-series/269417/fenix-5-plus-series---16-71-beta-release

to install this beta on my Fenix 5 Plus.

However, when it tries to boot after the upgrade, it seems to be stuck in a reset loop. I can see the Garmin Logo (green/blue triangle) appear, it remains on the screen for about 30 seconds, and then the screen goes black for a few seconds, after which it repeats.

It is still possible to force the device off by pressing the light button for about 20 seconds, right after it starts to boot, and thus i have tried to do another reset to factory defaults by pressing topleft, topright and bottomright buttons after startup, and let go of topright button after the first beep, and the other buttons after the second beep, however that does not change the situation.

The device does not appear in garmin express, nor can i see it appear in the explorer. This means i am unable to put the previous 15.40 build back.

Basically, the device seems bricked now, I can't get it to do anything usefull anymore.

Of course I've already mailed this to the '[email protected]' address, but as the page says, this is more for them to gather feedback from users, and i guess helping me out with my issues is not a priority to them.

Is there still something i can do to get this device unbricked? Or do i need to turn to Garmin Support?

Regards,

Mark.