Tempe batterz empty real quick

My Garmin Tempe works okay with Fenix 5 Plus.Recently I got a notification "Battery empty soon" or something similar. I bought a new CR2032 battery from Duracell. Use before date somewhere 2027.

After installing the new battery all was okay. After 1 week I got the battery empty notification again. One week later it was dead. I only use the Tempe 1-2times a week couple of hours.

Replaced battery again for a brand new one, same story. All okay, 1 week later almost empty, next week totally empty.

My Tempe is about 3 years old has not seen any rough episodes in it's life. What to do now?

• I bought some "Duracell" from eBay once... really looked like the real deal but they didn't last long at all.

Now I only buy them from my local grocery store, they last very long so it's cheaper anyways. I can't even remember the last time I changed battery in my Tempe.

If that's not the issue, perhaps you got some water in it or something?

• I have got 2 Tempes, one since 6 years (bought with my Fenix 1) and a new one. So far a battery allways lasted more than a year!

• I've seen the same; Tempe battery was flat, I replaced it, and it was empty in just a few days. Another new battery: same thing. Bought a new Tempe. Then opened the old one up, found a component that had turned to charcoal, cleaned it off. Didn't expect normal operation after that, but it's still working with normal battery usage (one battery per year or so). Compared to the new Tempe it differs a bit, but that's OK. In total I have 3 Tempes, and the comparing the two that haven't been opened, they also show slightly different values.

A story about it is here: www.workaholics.nl/.../

• I get maybe 1 year with a battery in a tempe.  Unlike other sensors, it's transmitting 24/7 and never sleeps, so how much you wear it doesn't matter.

That said, the "spring" of the battery connector may need to be increased by using a small screwdriver to pry up the battery contact a bit.  That happened with my rd pod not long ago.