fenix 5 plus - Enhancement Requests

Hello Everyone,

I purchased my fenix in Spring 2019 and have been loving it so far. I'd love to open up a forum thread to give visibility to user's enhancement requests to improve the experience of owning a fenix watch. Feel free to share any ideas, no matter how crazy. 

For starters, I'd like to see axis labels on the longer-term heart rate monitor widget.

- Erik 

• I'd like to see... 

Training status back as it was before for hiking... broken now. 

Fix bug while holding down scroll in music..  

Have fast forward and reverse on the same screen in the music widget. 

Stop my compass from needing calibration every few hours. .Didn't happen so often on any other Garmin I've owned.

I'd like a screen shot widget .. so I can keep records of interest on the watch... and view them directly on the watch..  (suggested to Garmin a year ago by me.. no interest) like on an old Casio. 

Fix the out of memory route calculation error some people suffer from using the standard Garmin maps. 

Have an alarm I can set for a distant future date.....like an old Casio could... or your phone can. 

And for Garmin to be still interested in supporting watches over one year old.. with really awsome updates Ha!... : - )

• Another enhancement I think would be great is adding the stopwatch to the available tools from the scroll wheel when you hold down the "Light" button. There are timer and alarm available but having quick access to a stopwatch here would be great. 

• Try to press and hold the lower right (back) button. If I do so the stopwatch appears. 

• The option to add a stopwatch already exists.  Go into settings->controls->add new.  Then select stopwatch from the list.

• sabeard, added successfully. Thank you for the suggestion

• I hate to sound pessimistic here, but all you're doing here is handing Garmin ways to pull out even more money from your wallet. We've seen this so many times now: features and requests from users get implemented into the next Garmin model, without being introduced to "older" models. You know, the watches users paid $7/8/900 for a couple of months ago. Garmin knows what the users want and need, so instead of updating their existing watches they use the features as a selling point for users to buy another $900 watch. It's a sleazy tactic, and why I don't bother contributing in this aspect of the forum. It'd be fantastic if they did, but they don't. 

• you can maintain a pessimistic perspective, however, I disagree. There are plenty of examples of community-based feedback being useful in product development. CAD software SolidWorks, for example, sources a lot of product development from its communities. I purchased my watch with full understanding most effort will be committed to the next generation. However, direct community feedback is indispensable. If a community generates reasonable enhancements that are committed, customers are more inclined to upgrade with the same brand when the times arrives. Direct feedback saves development time and money and gives visibility to changes users desire. 

• We should look at what Garmin has done in the past with previous models.

It is pretty obvious what they will do (or more appropriately what they won't do) for the Fenix 5 Plus. 

It might not be what we want, but better to come terms with the reality....

• -pilates activity; not acceptable from my point of view to eddit every time a cardio activity to pilates on GC for have it register on the proper way. This is supposed to be a premium watch

-reduce  time until GPS connects when you start an activity. Better in a VA3

-Gps track performance inside a city without jumps to other points outside the real track done. I come from a VA3 and i idnt see this lag on it.

- respiration rate & widget + graph during activity

-sleep widget with total hours sleeped the previous night

All this features are cost less as there are not coming from firstbeat.

• Why not simply create a new cardio activity and rename it to Pilates? I've done this for "CrossFit" and "Kettlebells" etc.