How to make HR abnormal alert works?

I've set the threshold of HR abnormal alerts to 100.

My today's 2h31m mountain running, my average HR is 166, max 196.

After that, I take the subway back home, sit over 40mins in subway remained still, HR remained between 103 to 115.

But, the HR abnormal alert never works.

Is there anyone could help to clarify how it works and how to make it work?

Thank you.

• I am not a native English speaker, so my understanding to "inactive for 10 mins or more" is ramining still, no matter it is after an activity or not, also, the document nenver mentioned the Alert only comes for a "CLIMB HR as said". Same in my local language.

So, in the original post mentioned, after a 2.5 hour run, I sit in subway for over 40 mins without any walk, etc. - This seems to me it's "inactive" for over 40 mins, my HR is above 100, never dropped down below 100, that's why I am asking why the Alert did not come.

But as replied clarification, it should be a "climb" of HR, different with what in my example: after an activity, dropped from 190 to around 100.

• It seems not that simple.

"inactive in 10 mins or more": I've made it as in OP mentioned: after 2.5 hours run, I sit in subway without activity for 40mins, so it's a 40mins "inactive" to me, my HR dropped from 190 to 100 (above), never down below 100. But the Alert didn't work.

But in your clarification, it must be a "HR climb".

But, in Garmin's Support Document, it only mentioned "inactive 10mins or more", not mention: if user keep inactive for 10mins or more, from an activity, the HR dropping, the alert will not work.

Or I should correctly interpret the "gose above" = "climb from lower value to higher" only?