Topactive 2018.20 zoom slow

Anyone else? Any solución? https://youtu.be/URIyYEFvBoM
  • I seem to have had an issue when installing the maps through garmin express. The watch boot time was very slow after the maps updated. First boot was over a minute and later reboots took around 40 seconds. The map was also laggy.

I tried a full watch data reset and tried again but it was still slow. I noticed that if I manually installed the 2017 maps (I had a backup) and removed the 2018 maps it was back to normal.

What fixed it for me was deleting the 2017 maps and finding where garmin downloaded the 2018 maps and then copying them to the device manually. This has stopped the lag and boot time is now 18 seconds with the 2018 maps installed.

Not sure why it would not work correctly when done through garmin express. I had no errors but it happened on numerous attempts.
  • Thanks for the answer!!:D
    How do I do that? Is there any tutorial?
  • Sorry not that I know of. I just looked in the hidden ProgramData folder when it was downloading from Garmin Express and found them. It was a few weeks ago so I cannot remember the exact place.

I did notice when I copied the files across to my Fenix that I had 2 map files on the device with identical names so I deleted one of them. It;s possible that was causing the issue so it is worth looking for duplicate map files on your watch first.
  • Re-installing the map in Garmin Express seems to have been the solution for the moment