Satellite Status & GPS Accuracy

I have used various GPS devices over the years and most have two features...one that shows the calculated accuracy of the GPS location (I assume based on the number of satellites that are being acquired) and the other is a screen showing WHICH satellites can be “seen” and how strong the signal strength is for these satellites.

is there any provision in the Fenix Plus series that allows the user to view this information? What I’m trying to do is determine if and how many Galileo constellation satellites my watch may be receiving at any given time.
  • not that I know of. Garmin has the capability and does show those screens on their aviation GPS products but I would assume that with the limited watch screen size you would need to view such info on the mobile app. It would be worthwhile to submit it as an idea and see if they add the function in the future.
  • This feature was available on the FR305 and possibly the 310. On the 910 you could set a field to see the accuracy. I think since the 920 there has been nothing to indicate satellites acquired or degree of accuracy. Somebody's probably written a data field or widget or something that will allow you to see some, if not all, of what you want. Failing that, there are apps for the iPhone and Android that will tell you what satellites are currently visible.
  • I have used various GPS devices over the years and most have two features...one that shows the calculated accuracy of the GPS location (I assume based on the number of satellites that are being acquired) and the other is a screen showing WHICH satellites can be “seen” and how strong the signal strength is for these satellites.

is there any provision in the Fenix Plus series that allows the user to view this information? What I’m trying to do is determine if and how many Galileo constellation satellites my watch may be receiving at any given time.

There's an app named "GNSS View" that is put out by NEC corporation I think, it's free, and will show satellites GNSS, Glonass, and Galileo in the sky overhead right now. It's available both on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play,(Android).

Here's the iOS (App Store) Link. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gnss-view/id924350018?mt=8
  • I would assume that the OP is interested in knowing which satellites the watch is actually using right now, not just which satellites are available.
  • I would also assume that the OP wanted to know this, especially which birds his watch was viewing and what the accuracy of the watch is at any given time. My Garmin marine equipment displays all this, and it would be great if the watch did too. In fact i wonder if I can write an app for that...
  • I would also assume that the OP wanted to know this, especially which birds his watch was viewing and what the accuracy of the watch is at any given time. My Garmin marine equipment displays all this, and it would be great if the watch did too. In fact i wonder if I can write an app for that...

Go for it. I miss the sat page on my 60Cx, and it was handy.