CPE missing - o_file.err files open: 0: /garmin/remotesw/cpe.bin

CPE is missing. 

O_FILE.err (There is also a O_FILE.ERR file in the main garmin folder, soon as i reset the watch and opened it then its there) 

This is inside the O_FILE.ERR 

Files Open:
  0: /Garmin/RemoteSW/CPE.bin

Files Open:

Files Open:

Files Open:

(Assuming it tries to open the file, but couldnt, and i went into the RemoteSW folder, and the CPE.bin is there with an updated timestamp, file size around 65kb, so assuming the download process for that file was smooth, but the opening and read process went bust) 

(Issue started on the 14th Dec 2022, before that the 2 months prior since i purchased the watch, it worked absolutely fine, so that should rule out hardware issue), so i believe there was a GPS firmware update on that day, that broke the CPE side of things, is there anyway i can find if there was a release around that time? GPS version 5.50, and if it is a software issue from GPS firmware, is there a way to revert the GPS firmware or reinstall that firmware?) 

I had to reset the watch to default setting 7 days ago, due to the fact that it asked me to reboot to update multiple times a week(also wont update until i plug into Garmin Express on desktop, which i did plugged in over 18 times in a month and still asking me to update). So i did a reset, with reset default in setting. 

After 7 days of use the CPE is still showing missing, takes up to 15mins to get a GPS lock. (Tried after resetting again, the CPE is still missing, and got a GPS lock(5 bars) after 7 mins, and i switched the activity off, and restarted an Activity at the top of a mountain with no trees around, took 40 seconds to get 5 bars(lock) on the GPS.) But the CPE still saying missing. 

Software version 25.00 

GPS version 5.50 

I tried these: 

Watch is connected to Garmin Connect 24 7 

Connected to desktop Garmin Express 10 plus times 

Deleted RemoteSW folder then reconnected back to Garmin Connect 

Deleted RemoveSW folder then reconnected to Garmin Express 

Soaked GPS putting it on the window side for 20+ minutes

I can see the CPE.bin in the RemoteSW folder, but the watch is saying CPE missing....

Thanks 

Clark 

• I can see the CPE.bin in the RemoteSW folder, but the watch is saying CPE missing....

Delete the file, then check for updates with Garmin Express, wait a moment, disconnect (1st in the OS, then physically) & reconnect the cable, and check whether a fresh file was loaded.

• I tried that, the file in the RemoteSW is updated with the updated timestamp, then i unplugged and went inside the watch, in the About and it is still missing. 

• In that case I'd try doing the master reset to factory defaults, and if it does not help, contact the Support.

• Is there anyway to find out which software versions were released previously for the GPS firmware? I believe my watch is messed up by a GPS firmware update on the 14th Dec, because i run every single day, and i look back, the watch was fine until the 14th Dec 2022. There is a O_FILE.ERR file in the garmin folder, and it says Files Open: 0: /Garmin/RemoteSW/CPE.bin  Assuming that is opening file error. I think that software Update causes an error for opening that folder directory. The garmin support in my emailed me back and said take them to their servicing center, but their opening time overlaps my work hours....hopefully i can figure out how to reinstall the GPS firmware myself, can't take a day off to go there at the moment. 

• Is there anyway to find out which software versions were released previously for the GPS firmware?

Yes, in the Enduro Beta Program forum: https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/fenix-6-series/f/announcement 

hopefully i can figure out how to reinstall the GPS firmware myself, can't take a day off to go there at the moment. 

There is indeed a way, but we are not supposed to be posting the details about it here on the forum. That's why I suggested you contact the Support. They will tell you how to do it. Just ask them for it, if they did not offer that option themselves.

• That would be great, i did contact Garmin in my local area, the email response is there is no official Garmin service center, but an outsourced company, that just said please take it in for inspection....which i dont have 2 weekdays off take it in, and take it back. So i just sent Garmin US (where i bought the watch Amazon), and hopefully they can give me some guidance on that. I am quite sure its something with that GPS firmware update,it was working all fine before Dec,  and it can find GPS ok but just very slow, takes 7 plus mins, as it couldnt load the CPE file. 

• No email response from Garmin support yet still.... there is another person told me i can just reinstall the GPS firmware from the beta, but there is no Enduro version for the GPS firmware out there in any Beta link....

• I had a few email exchanges with Garmin support, they said they can not help with reinstalling firmware, and asked me to ask here on the forum.....or send the watch in for exchange that would take 14 days....

• Well, Garmin does not like when we post about the Development menu, here on the forum, so I will not post the details... I am not certain it will reload also the GPS firmware, or only the main one, but it is worth of trying before sending the watch for replacement.

BTW, in the past Garmin offered sending a replacement watch in advance (against a deposit), so you did not need to stay two weeks without any watch. Try asking them for it, if you decide sending the watch for the replacement.

EDITED: I will direct message Thank you for your assistance with our forums community.