I think garmin should make a new updade for MK1

since it shows few bugs in elevation and sometimes in maps i think garmin should make a new update 

It's been almost 9 months since the last one 

It's time for a new one

• So based on this, if Garmin stopped updating MK1 because of MK2, we should expect the same level of NEGLECT with MK2 when MK3 is on the horizon. I will stay away from MK2! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

• I think at some point they'll remember they have a watch named Garmin Descent MK1 and put the updated parts of the Fenix 5 software into the old MK1 software and release it as an update.

• I had so much hope on this. This is been a mistake jumping to Garmin instead of Teric. The way Shearwater deals with customers and stay with diving community is quite exemplar and garmin does fail miserably on this. It was quite nice to hear shearwater folks on dirty dozen YouTube session.

• Hello All

the worse thiing since the update is the freezing underwater ! It 's already happened to me 3 times . ( I m professional diver so I m using a Teric in backup ) it's really important for garmin to update a lot of small details as soon as possible.

Please review the DECO mode, and ADD if mentioned by the user a SAFETY STOP even if we finished the DECO mandatory safety stop.

If in the option we do choose 3 min or 5 min, why in DECO when it's THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME, you delete this extra safety stop.

Also please engage support as it's a f*** nightmare to add maps we bought expensive for nothing... struggling since 3 months to add map inside...

Honnestly I don't recommend garmin because you are alone when you need support.

• I had 8 different products from Garmin with a total value of about $4k.
    But after buying mk1, I wanted to buy a watch from another manufacturer.

• the worse thiing since the update is the freezing underwater ! It 's already happened to me 3 times . ( I m professional diver so I m using a Teric in backup ) it's really important for garmin to update a lot of small details as soon as possible.

This is the first report I have seen of the Mk1 freezing underwater and so it may actually be a specific issue with your unit rather than a problem that affects all Mk1s.  Have you contacted Garmin directly?  If so, what did they say? If not, you really need to call them and report the problem.  It may be a simple fix (factory reset or reinstall the firmware).

Many (most?) dive computers forgo the safety stop if a deco stop is required.  I know my Oceanic Atom 3.0 does and I think my Shearwater Perdix does as well (but I'm not certain).  While a safety stop is recommended, it is not mandatory - if you use a Perdix in Tec mode it doesn't even do a safety stop.

You should also call Garmin about your maps.  There's another thread in this forum where the Garmin rep recommends you call Garmin Support for help getting the maps on your device.

• maps should be straight forward - drop the img file in the main directory, if you are using mapsource you can transfer selection directly to the watch when it is connected to pc. you can rename afterward for easier management...also have in mind that only bluechart g2 work with the mk1.

• hello thanks for the reply 

need to mentionned to delete the file who store the id number 

i biught 2 map on garmin, impossible to put them with any software. Still 2 weeks of course no answer from garmin.

both are G2 it’s the indo and papua

Now i spend 400$ for 2 maps i used on my boat and should be on the watch but can’t lunch them because no one is able to properly explain how to do it and what to delete before sending the map through the watch. 

watch will always display the message that “card can not be authenticated “ or something like this 

Services is very bad and yes they must update asap the descent . 

For all of the shearwater guys around the deco calculation and alrgorithms is exactly the same . They did a copy paste of the software so stop to argue about the watch’s soft it’s meter by meter exactly same data displayed on the screen 

Have nice dives 

• hello 

thanks a lot for your reply 

1) i tried to send many emails to garmin but no one replied if you can pm the hotline i will be very happy 

2) the shearwater and teric ( mini shearwater ) are mentioning the safety stop in default mode .

what i don’t understand on the “garmin system “ is when you mentionned to have extra safety stop “on” with 3 or 5 min why is it not showing .

It’s not about must doing it or not it’s just the computer should follow what we are validating on the option menu. 

I think the safety stop if on should me mentioned .

For the map believe me i m trying all method i found on internet ! 

i will try to call garmin for an hard reset or réinstallation of the software but i still have the log where all **** up 

• Hey guys  , look at this thread, dozens of current Garmin users reporting freezes/glitches/bugs/problems, dozens of current Garmin customers that you will lose to another brand if your customer service doesn´t dramatically improve.

Why are we being so neglected compared to other Garmin segments? When will this much delayed MK1 update be released??