Stuck in Dive Mode

I've encountered an interesting conundrum with my Descent. I wore it flying yesterday, and somehow during the flight bumped it in just the right way to enter the multi-gas page. From there, an increase in cockpit pressure triggered the "dive start," and I've been unable to exit the dive since. Troubleshooting methods so far have included: resetting via the "light" button (powers back on into dive mode with the clock still running), charging normally, and syncing via cord to my computer. The dive counter is going on 24hrs now. Any suggestions for how to manually end the dive shy of returning to the appropriate altitude? I'm hoping I've overlooked a simple solution.
  • I too have this same problem. While taking the unit skydiving, instead of providing me a skydiving utility it switched to a scuba dive profile and presently still believes we are 13ft underwater. A hard reset simply returned to the previous dive profile the the bottom time counting away.
  • Just shooting in the dark here but are you on the newest FW update of 4.0? I believe that the issue of being on an airplane and the Descent going into dive mode was resolved with the 2.5 to 2.6 update. This may be different though because you were skydiving.
  • I have the 4.10 update so the software is current. I understand there is simply a bug that needs to be fixed. Presently, Jumpmaster, the skydiving app doesn't work. I took it for a few jumps last weekend and had the same problem as before, upon landing the computer believes it is in the midst of a scuba dive, at a depth of 14ft. and will not allow access to anything else. On the bright side, I figured out a way to clear the watch/computer. I took it for another skydive and at 13,500 feet, when the depth reported "zero", I turned off the watch so it would not experience the sudden descent which seems to be the problem. Once back on the ground, I turned the watch on and everything is OK. Conclusion: it doesn't work as a skydiving altimeter.
  • Well, this is just trying to eliminate possible issues but what was changed from 4.00 to 4.10?
  • To my knowledge, there is no 4.10 software so that leads to a few extra questions. So markmessersmith if you want to send me a private message with the serial number of your device and a good contact email address, I'm happy to work with you more on what you are seeing.
  • Mine has the same issue. Could someone please post a step by step solution? Thanks ahead!
  • The jumpmaster feature still does not work because the unit continues to switch to dive mode during freefall. If anyone has a solution, it will be welcome.
  • I discovered today that this problem still exists with the Mk1 even on 8.00.

I wanted to see if the N2% shown on the Surface Interval screen was updated in real time out of the water, for example, if you travel to altitude. 

I went to the Surface Interval screen and then put my Mk1 inside my old camera housing, sealed the housing and pumped the air out.  Sure enough, the N2 went from 0% to 46%.  All good, exactly what I wanted to know.

My problem was that once I let air back into the housing to put it back to the current air pressure, the Mk1 went into dive mode (at around 2.5m). Removing the air again, ended the dive but I was stuck in a cycle.

Then what I did was reduce the pressure just enough (it thought the depth was around 0.7m) and the dive ended.  I then gradually (a small amount every couple of minutes) let air back in, increasing the pressure, until I was finally able to open the housing without going back into dive mode.

• FYI: The following helped (after a call to support)

Background: I went skydiving and got into the same lock condition. Followed the directions here: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=8qqwH5x3Eb3jDsBUPDqUe7 to no avail. 

Only note is: keep the Menu (middle) button depressed until the "Reset surface pressure" question comes on screen -- took what seemed like much longer than 30s. Then wait for dive to timeout after 30 seconds or so at 0' depth. 

• This just happened in my MK2i skydiving and now stuck at 13ft even after initiating the reset depth. Any fix I just emailed GARMIN today. I even let the watch battery run out thinking that might solve it but it didn't.