This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Marq - 9.92 Beta Release

Hello MARQ customers,

UPDATE 6/4/20: We are currently investigating reports from beta testers regarding phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. We believe this was introduced in our 6.03 ANT/BLE software update. For those of you experiencing this issue, you can backdate to the previous ANT/BLE version 5.04 with the file in the attached folder. Unzip the file and place the GUP3253.GCD file in the Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device.

ANT-BLE Backdate 5.04.zip

The newest MARQ beta software is now available for your upcoming adventures! The beta below is not compatible with MARQ Aviator.

MARQ: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15220

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on the page linked above.

9.92 Change Log Notes:

• Added on-device sleep calculation (via added Sleep widget* (Menu > Widgets > Edit > +Add > Sleep). Requires Sensor Hub 7.04
  • Updated the UI for performance, Heart Rate, Training Status, Intensity minutes and Floors Climbed widgets.These are only minor visual changes
  • Fixed an issue with Powerbeats Pro audio control.
  • Fixed an issue where alarm labels were not being translated.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above.  On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.
  • When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Wi-Fi: 2.60
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT: 6.03

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the MARQ Collection you have in the subject line.

• I don't believe there's been any suggestion that Garmin's sleep app will detect naps so no surprises there. But interesting to see that no sleep was recorded with the different sleep window. How long did you nap for?

I moved my sleep window last evening to ensure that I went to bed/sleep before the start at 23:00. I'd had no problems in the past going to sleep after the start when it was at 21:30. So last night I went to bed at just before 22:00. I looked at the data this morning and was recorded as sleeping from just after 22:30, which given I was a bit restless was probably about right. However, I did get up around 11:30 and had a look at the sleep widget. At that time it was not showing any sleep data so perhaps there is a minimum time that needs to be 'observed' by the watch before sleep is recorded. If that is the case, then short naps might well be missed even with moving the sleep window as you did to try and record a nap.

I had a quick look at some Fitbit forums the other day. From a cursory glance it appears that naps needed to be between 30 minutes and an hour to be recorded automatically on some devices, or were incorrectly recorded or overlooked on others. A bit of a way from the perfect nap recording some would have us believe but the important point for me was there appeared to be a minimal time before naps were recorded.

Perhaps an option would be for Garmin to provide the opportunity to quickly record sleep start and finish with a button press? My issue with that is how you'd account for the time taken to actually get to sleep for a nap, especially a short nap.

• Check the version numbers match the list above - System, Settings, About  - noting specifically that you need sensor hub 7.04. 

If they are all correct then try a hard reset - preserves all user data and setting

• Press and hold top left until watch turns off.
    • Restart.

If you still do not see the widget, try reinstalling the beta software again.

• But interesting to see that no sleep was recorded with the different sleep window. How long did you nap for?

One hour and 5 minutes

• After a few days ... although not perfect - much better as everything else before.

They will hopefully carry on ... including naps for example.

• thanks - did it all - still nothing. First "big bug" I've ever had...

Strange... I'll wait and see as likely another beta soon

• Have you reported back to the beta team at the address above? You don't have an APAC watch do you?

• May sound a silly question but were you asleep for that 65 minutes or just resting? I ask because I made a note last night of the time I closed my eyes to sleep - 22:00 btw, but my watch showed sleep as starting at 22:12. That would be about right as I was aware that I did not plunge straight into sleep, as is usual for me. I know some people do say they were asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow but I wonder if for most of us there's a period of rest before properly going to sleep?

• no to email and no to APAC. I am still trying, I did a reset on the watch, too and tried to re-pair etc - same thing. 

• I have no problems with my Marq Adventurer!

• Is anyone else seeing any issues with 24/7 OHR tracking with this beta?  My "real" RHR is about 54/55 which my MARQ seems to agree with quite well, though I'll typically see a few blips down as low as 50 during the day from the OHR.  However, since installing this beta yesterday I'm regularly seeing readings in the 40s and GCM is showing a RHR for yesterday of 50bpm and 51 for today so far.  

I checked the OHR unit on the back of the watch and that's clean.  I don't use the OHR for activities so not sure if there's any difference there.