This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ Expedition keeps restarting on higher altitudes

Dear All,

Today, I went hiking where the start point was at 1550m. When I selected the Walk activity and applied the course I had created on the GC website and started the activity, a couple of seconds later the watch restarted. So, I tried to

- hard reboot the watch
- remove it from the phone, factory reset and add it to the phone again
- use the Hike app

and nothing helped. In fact, there were a couple of times when I couldn't even choose the activity, the watch restarted when I pressed the Start button. Once, I managed to select the activity, but I wanted to check something so I pressed the Back button; the watch restarted.

Eventually, when I spent more than half an hour to make it work instead of doing what I actually went to, that is hiking, I gave it up and used my Ambit3 which luckily I had with me.

The only thing I managed to start was the Track me activity which basically worked, but I had no navigation, and honestly, I didn't dare to try, I was happy (frustrated :/) that it didn't even restarted.

When I finished the hiking and started to come down from the mountain I tried to check the elevation widget to see if it gives correct result, but as soon as I pressed the Down button, yes, the watch restarted. I was at 1200m at that time. Then I remembered I had tried to check the Maps on two of my flights the previous week where I had had the same experience; continuous restarts.

My next target was a small town at around 550m. I started the Walk activity and everything was perfect. I tried with the Hike activity with loading the course, kept pressing buttons all the time, no restart at all. So it seems my Expedition keeps restarting when the altitude is higher that probably 1000m.

Has anyone had similar issue? , do you have any suggestion if it can be a software of a hardware issue? This is the 3rd replacement item due to issues with the previous ones and while I like the watch design and the functions I already regret to buy it and I am at the point when I feel it was a complete waste of £1500. So please, give me some advice what to do now.

Thank you,
Zoltan

• Have you made sure to upgrade the software version? There was a fix a couple of versions ago. I have spent almost two weeks at altitudes between 1500m and 2600m logging alpine skiing, trail running, running, hiking. No problems for me. 

Also, I have turned off auto calibration and keep the barometer setting in altitude mode. This requires a couple of calibrations of altitude per day, but the altitude data is very good during my recorded sessions, that are from ca 6 hours and upwards per day currently.