This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I honestly have no luck or I am just cursed

Hi, 

I honestly have no luck or I am just cursed ! 

Exchanged the Expedition that had the screen issues for the Athlete, out of the box I LOVE the Athlete! and definitely this is the one I should had gotten the first time. But, I am having battery issues :( 

The watch out of the box had FW 3.40, as soon I put it on I installed just one widget called battery meter and it showed same battery consumption as the Expedition, 0.100 ~ 0.300 which is awesome and is what Garmin Advertise as 12 days in watch mode. 

Around 7PM Saturday, connected the watch to the computer using Garmin express and I was asked to update FW to 3.50 and also update all maps and so I did and oh boy I REGRET DOING THAT!  Now my battery right after the update it wont consume any less than 0.800~1500 an hour!!!!! My battery right now is at 50% in just 2 day of watch mode use! 

My settings are the following 

- Stock watch face 

- Display bright at default 20% and only to activate with wrist move after sunset 

- Pulse disabled completely

- Only the widgets that comes with the phone with the exemption of Battery Meter

- No alerts, No alarms, No Key Sounds, No Key Vibrations 

- Wifi Off 

- BT On paired with my iPhone

- Notification only for text and calls

- rest of the settings are stock,  fhe way it came out of the box,  sleep tracking on,  steps and daily activity tracking.  

I havent done any sport activity with this watch yet,  all activities are doing using me Edge 1000.  

As you can see I am using the watch just as a watch, no activities and no use at all and still the battery is dying extremely quick. 

what I am planning to do next: 

1- Wait for the watch battery to go to 1% 

2- Hard reset

3- Charge to 100% and test again

If issue persist then it has to be the 3.50 update OR the maps update!  The watch was FINE till the moment I did those updates :( 

I have such a bad luck :( 

see photo attached, also the reason why it says 28H on the photo is because I re installed the app 

• Hi, No I did not restart the device after the update. 

Ok so the device is now charged 100%, battery widget removed and I just did a hard reset to be safe. I will report how it goes. 

• One thing I just noticed.  You Marq on Garmin Connect shows that you have FW Version 3.51? How can that be? 

I have 3.50 which is the one that came out a few days ago.  

• Garmin Connect does weird things. Last week it was showing my Athlete as an Expedition. TBH, I never take any notice of that so good spot!

• Hi,

I am happy for you actually having a watch which works fine and I think that is what we all want to do; using the watch we bought and using it what we bought it for.

However. When I spend that much amount of money on a brand new high end product I want to be pretty damn sure that there is no problem with the hardware and the sensors whatsoever.
    The fact that your watch works fine just proves more that ours should work the same way and something has to be wrong with the hardware if it does not.

Personally, when I chose the MARQ Expedition I did it because its look, which let's be honest is awesome, and based on the specifications. And when I experience more than 50% battery drain in 12 hours without gps or music or highly incorrect HR readings I think we can say that the item does not work according to the specifications.

I also forgot to mention that the replacement item arrived with a scratch on its surface which just increased my overall frustration about the whole situation.

Anyway, let's see if I get any response from Garmin within a reasonable time and what would be the outcome with the company I bought the watch from.

• Well,

Watch was disconnected from the charger at 9PM and right now is 9:24AM and the watch lost 10% Battery overnight! 

Currently waiting for a call back from Garmin Support but honestly I no longer have hopes.  This is my second Marq and it has been nothing but issues after issues. 

I recall I usedtk say “ why people are always complaining on Garmin Forums? My edge 1000 has no issues “ and indeed my edge is perfect,  and so it the varia light and all other sensors but this watches are far from perfect. 

If I cannot resolve the issue when they call me I will just return the watch and call it a day.  I am done going back and forth to the store I am done sorry.  

• Sorry to hear this, good luck! It would be a shame not to find a solution, because the watch is great without the battery issues.

• UPDATE: 

I restored ( Factory Defaulted ) the watch again for a second time and re charged up to 100% and now it is working perfectly fine :) 

It took 2 restores to "fix" it, it is also too soon to know if it will remain fixed but I will report back in a few days :) 

OMG I am so happy :) 

• Update 2: 

Issue came back again.  :(  

Just reported it to Garmin and awaiting they response. 

The watch is literally losing 1% per hour with everything disabled :( 

I am so sad, I love the brand and the watch but this is getting the best of me lol 

• Nothing to offer really. Some people do seem to luck-out if posts to these forums are to be believed. If it’s not working for you then your choices are indeed limited. 

• Update# 3

Finally received an official response on the issue! 

Just spoke to Garmin on the Phone and was told that they ARE! aware of the issue and their Engineers are already looking for a solution and that it can take 2 to 4 weeks. 

Question, is there a way to downgrade my current FW to the 3.40 ? Can anyone help with this please? I asked them but they refused claiming it was not possible. 

Anyone know how to downgrade? 

Thank you all