Instinct - 9.02 Public Beta

Hello Instinct users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Please read the 'notes' and 'installation instructions' in the 'Updates and Downloads' page found in the link below. We look forward to your feedback!

Instinct: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14527

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

9.02 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed issue where heart rate sensor would stay on when watch is removed from wrist.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Any explanation why it doesn't work?

Because the regular firmware is not compatible with APAC versions of the devices. You need APAC firmware for APAC hardware. And AFAIK, Garmin releases no beta versions for APAC devices, hence you need to wait for the official release of the APAC firmware.

• What is thedifference between 8.70 and 9.02beta ?

The release notes points only two exactly the same fixes.

• Has anybody "updated" to release 8.70 from beta 9.02?  The last time I loaded a public release with a smaller version number than the Beta version number, I lost all my user settings.  Trying to avoid that disaster again.

Thanks

• Thanks for the explanation Trux but that really sucks that there's a potential solution out there but it's geographically limited... Sigh.. 

• Has anybody "updated" to release 8.70 from beta 9.02?  The last time I loaded a public release with a smaller version number than the Beta version number, I lost all my user settings.  Trying to avoid that disaster again.

Thanks

It does not work.  I just went through the update process from 9.02 to 8.70 on Garmin Express, but when I safely disconnected the watch, there was no update - software remained at 9.02.

All the syncing and software download, including the ACCEPT screen, appeared to proceed without problem, but no software update was applied to the watch.

Even after a "soft reset" (holding the CTRL button until the watch shuts off and then restarting) there was no update.

So, even after going through the whole download dance with Garmin Express, no update.

Any suggestions, ?

• Maybe it doesn't work, because the code is the same, but they have only change the numbers in the version? As others have pointed out, the change log does not indicate any differences between 9.02 and 8.70.

Anyway, I am not updating until they release something newer. 9.02 is good enough for me.

Yet, I see room for improvements. For example, sometimes the heart rate seems to be stuck at the current level (be it high or low) and it takes quite some time until it picks up the real heart beats again. Has anyone noticed this? It used to happen with 7.20, but in 9.02 it is easier to notice, because the other issue they fixed isn't masking this anymore.

• I had the same question, yesterday 6/22/2020 I glanced at my watch and I got a message saying “software up to date” and it went away real quick before I could read the version number, I was wondering if I pressed a button or did it do it on its own , I was also wondering is there a way to check what software version you currently have on your watch screen 

• There definitely is. Hold MENU -> Settings -> About. There you can see plenty of info about the watch and the software (scroll down to see all of it).