Any rumors about the next generation of mini?

I'm normally reading the Forerunner 945 forum, and one of the threads that keeps coming up are rumors about the next generation of the watch (the 955?). Are there any rumors about the next generation of the mini?

I know what I'd like to see: better integration with the wearables. The number one item would be that the Incidence Detection that's on so many devices now would (if paired with a mini) automatically trigger an SOS from the mini. Yes, you can trigger an SOS from your watch through the InReach app, but what happens if the "incident" that triggers Incidence Detection also knocks you out, or at least seriously injuries you.

I'm sure that there are other things you'd like to see in the next gen mini.  Any thoughts on when (or if) the next gen mini will be released and what the differences will be? 

• I think my wish list would be adding galileo support, added EPO sync for faster fixes, display position in more formats including British National Grid to aid with paper OS maps, embedded spline adapter to keep the profile small and integration into Garmin Explore app rather then the older Earthmate

• I’d like to see more wireless connectivity. If you have a better external GPS, it could save power by tracking with the location data from that device and turn off its own chipset. Likewise, if connected to a phone, the message could be first attempted over cellular then revert to iridium. This would also mean weather updates could happen on a sync for your current location. 

I‘ve only just bought the mini but would probably upgrade for better explore connectivity, better GPS and fixes to the drain on connected watch battery

• I am a fairly new mini owner, but would really like it to add a time stamp to a preset message so the receiver knows when *I* sent it not when the mini finally gets a signal and sends it. (I’ve had that be 20-30 min after I press send). 
    unless there’s a way to do this that I am not aware of without sending a custom message and putting the time in myself. 

this wouldn’t require new HW, this could be a simple SW update. 

• If they read the message on your mapshare page then they can see the timestamp of when you pressed send.

To test this, I got GPS signal, then sent a preset message and quickly put the mini inside of a metal cup, and noted the time of day. 15 minutes later I lifted the cup, the message sent within a minute. Then looked at the message in Mapshare and it is timestamped with the earlier time when I sent it, not the later time when uploaded to satellite.

When I looked at the email and SMS I received for the preset message, there is no timestamp at all and you are right it would be good if it was included. However, the timestamp you want (and location) is shown from the link to mapshare that is in the message

• Great to know. Thanks for doing the leg work! I will tell people that are on my preset list to check there for timing if it's important.

• They should really merge the Explore and Earthmate iPhone apps. At lot of their functionality is redundant, and you end-up using twice the phone storage for maps, tracks and all the rest. One good power-efficient app would be much better than the two we have.

• Unless you own and use more than one generation of iR device, you should only need one of these. The Earthmate app supports the legacy devices (for example, Explorer+) and the Mini. The Explore app supports newer iR devices starting with the 66i. 

Although anything is possible, I don't think we will see many changes to the Earthmate app. It has essentially been replaced by Explore for newer devices.