InReach Mini powers on then quickly off.

My InReach Mini powers on, flashes a screen so fast I can't read it then powers off.  I was told by CS to update firmware.  I cannot power it on, so Express cannot find it, so I cannot update firmware.  Ideas?

• Please try again. The link worked for me just now. 

Essentially, these are steps for forcing the Mini into f/w update mode, connecting to Express, and installing a f/w update. 

Begin with the Mini powered off.

Start Garmin Express on the PC.

On the Mini, hold Up and Back (upper left and lower right buttons), and press Power to start the Mini.

When you release the buttons, the Mini will display the USB icon meaning that it is in data transfer mode. Connect to the PC and allow Express to deliver the f/w update. Disconnect, power the Mini down if necessary, power up. This will actually install the f/w update. 

If that does not fix it, or if there is no f/w update available, you will likely have to call tech support. There is a link to additional troubleshooting steps at the bottom of the article. This is the link.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=XLQKMvuJWkAHeyvcK5RfQ6&productID=592606&tab=topics

That one includes the forced f/w update (above), factory reset from the menus (which won't work if the device won't power up), soft reset from the buttons, and factory reset from the buttons.

• I had the same issue. Managed to get it working again by following the instructions at the bottom of the page below. Connected to a computer, got the device in bluetooth mode using the instructions (up + back + power) then updated the software. It remained on and I could then go through the registration process again.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=0U1bORKmrr6fpviC6Okop7&productID=592606&tab=topics

• I got it working by following the instruction on that page under the section "inReach Mini Will Not Power On After Charging from an AC Adapter", which involved using a button sequence to get it into USB mode, and then updating the software via the Garmin Express desktop app!