This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5, corrosion on 2nd pin

Hy guys. I have a fenix 5 that after 3 months of buying had some corrosion and now look like in the image a posted. The watch was bought in august 2018. Can this be soved by waranty if there is no connexion/charging problem YET? Dont think the life expectancy of an fenix 5 is just 2-3 years... If someone on this forum is from Garmin Romania would help. Thanks!

• In my F5, the raid was on all pins - only one was damaged. That's why I asked

• In all cases only one is damaged. The two pins are for data, so they don't get damaged for sure. The other two are for charging and only the one of the two gets damaged. 

• I have the same problem in the exact same pin on the Fenix 5 s/n 53xxx bought almost 10 months ago. First time I'm noticing. It's not as severe as this in the picture, but it's very noticeable because the pin is not chromed and smooth anymore.

Anybody knows if this is going to compromise the watch in the long term?

I'd like to ask for a replacement right now, but honestly I'd like to be sure the replacement will not have the same problem in the next few months, so I prefer to wait a little.

Very strange there's only a video on youtube about this.

edit: watch is Rev. D

• Its possible the watch will not charge later in the corrosion stages. However regardless on whether it will cause an issue, you wouldnt want something like this happening in an expensive watch. Garmin has an extraordinary support and they will exchange your watch for a new one. 

• I hope that the support is extraordinary in Italy too, I'll keep you informed.

• I'm also in the same boat as you, where it's not really rusty, but it's not shiny like the other pins. Please let us know if you ask and get a replacement now, before actual rust starts to appear as I am not sure if I should wait or not either. Thanks!

• Garmin was very kind to exchange my watch for a second time, no questions asked again, in a few months. Kudos to their support, that make the whole experience with watch exchanges a bit cooler. Will keep you posted. 

• Hi, I read one of the replies from above from you and it seems that you asked for a second replacement after having the second watch for just a few weeks, so I assume there wasn't a lot of rust on your watch yet. Can you please confirm if you had any rust on it, or if it just had a different color (not shiny)?

• Initial stages where only brown rust color was present but no damage on the pins.