This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery issue, known bug

Hi!
Since i bought my Fenix 5, one month ago, updated to v 12 on the first day of use, battery life has been awful.
Without recording any activity, the watch battery drains 25-30% every day.
I always kept 20% display light for 4 secs and only after dark on wrist move.
In the last weeks i tried disabling activity tracking as well as Move IQ and stopped wearing it while sleeping. I just left on phone notifications and HR, but that didn’t make much difference, just a few percentage points per day.

So I called the italian support center, where a not very polite operator told me that Garmin was aware of a bug affecting not all but many F5 units and was responsible for the heavy draining of the battery. He told me that it’s not a hardware related issue so it is pointless to return it, and that i just have to be patient and wait. When i replied that this device is available since more than 1 year and this should be enough patience for a bug so serious, he just told me that there was nothing he could to.

So I took a look at this forum, but except some poeple complaining, didn’t find case so severe as mine.
I’d like to know if this is really a known bug and if Garmin is actually working on that.
Also it would be helpful to know in there is other people on the forum with my same issue.

Thanks

• I have reverted back to 13.30 and left it as is. Sensor Hub still at 6.90

So far after 24 hrs (from a full charge), battery is at 91% (0.3% per hr) with 1 x 35 mins GPS activity.

• Hello, where we can dowload files for version 13.30 and 13.51. Thanks

• Thanks for the tip. It worked a treat for me.

I was on 14.1 and the battery wouldn't last a week without charging.
    I now know that it wasn't a hardware issue, which is a huge relief.

Garmin need to release less frequently, but with better testing.

It's really quite amateurish the way releases are currently managed.

The difference between quality and crap is in the details.

• @Garmin. Do you know when this bug will be fixed? 

• @Garmin. Any update on when this issue/bug will be fixed?

• Add me to the list. I cannot say when it happened but it seemed to be after the most recent firmware update. I am on 14.10. I used to get 5-10 days of battery life with bluetooth, all-day heart rate and logging a workout per day. Now I cannot make it past 3-days. @Garmin are there any updates to a projected fix?

• Same issue here. How do you go back to 13.30 without loosing all your settings?

Stephan

• I already downgraded it to 13.51 or 13.30 , its the same...lost 1% an hour with all things disconnected....i recently recive an email from Garmin witch told me to do a reset and a link to upgrade it with garminwebupdater...but i'm now back to 14.10...and guess what ?.....same 1 or 1.5% an hour....i think that Garmin just want us to buy the new Fenix 6 whitch is just now available....like Apple did....

Sending my watch to Garmin to get back a used one it's simply crap.

I'am very hungry against that...i use lots of Garmin products...i've got a nice watch whitch has been *** by its own manufacturer...and where's the reativity of Garmin?

Sorry for my english ...i'm French...lol

Does anyone got a prévious 13.30 FW like someone told about like 12.25? or where could i find it?

We're all talking about FW but we're not talking about sensor hub version 6.90? do you think that it could be the reason of that battery drain?

• Hello
    You could write how to install the older version of the software on f5, I download the folder with whatever version and copy the files to selected folders, but after disconnecting the watch from the computer, nothing happens.
    Thank you