Critical device software upgrade needed

I'm getting this popping up on Connect on my phone but there is never anything to download.

Is anyone else seeing this? ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1337889.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1337890.jpg
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    I have the Vivoactive 3 on the new Huawei P20 Pro phone. Everything worked fine when I was using the LG G6 phone but the moment I bought my new P20 Pro phone I noticed right away I stopped receiving notifications on my watch. No matter what settings I manually choose. I also receive this message of a critical update is available. pretty disappointing that I bought a $1200 phone only to find out Garmin and Huawei aren't getting along. if I would have known I would not have bought this phone.
    Mind you if I open the garmin connect software, connection is manually established and all is well until the moment I switch off my screen on my phone.
  • Hello everyone,
    i get in touch with Garmin support Italy for same issue between an Honor 8 and Forerunner 235, same red warning on Garmin Connect on mobile asking for an update and impossibility to sync via BT after first coupling. Garmin support told me that the issue was related to Honor Android release that differs in certain particulars of BT connection from Huawei phone whose problemes had been mostly solved in latest update. Not very much to add to this, since Honor basically will never update phone firmware for fixing this. So no way for Honor, we can unistall the app and sync devices via cable through Garmin Express.
    Bye