This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 plus powers off randomly

My garmin fenix 5 plus goes dead at random times. Sometimes when I'm sleeping, other times just after exercise, a few times during. I've always got full battery and it never switches back on immediately. It's becoming unusable. Garmin have offered a refurbished unit at a price but it feels like poor value for the money I paid. I saw many others have the same issue and recently Chris from Garmin said there was some troubleshooting to go through. Has anyone successfully sorted this issue? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have the same problem Fenix 5 plus. Tried to reset to factory defaults and it still randomly shuts down. Watch is 3.5 years old and very disappointed having spent a lot on it. Anyone come up with a solution for this? My battery is fine it still lasts over a week. Thought Garmin built products to last.

• Nope. No solution from Garmin except to buy another watch or pay to have it fixed. I wouldn’t buy a fenix watch again. 

• My watch seeks to have identical problem. It shuts off when moving but particularly if it’s shook. Did you get to the bottom of this??

• It shuts off when moving but particularly if it’s shook

I am sorry there is an issue.

Since your watch will shut off when shook, that means there is an internal hardware issue causing your watch to shut off.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.

• Hi Chris

So what are the options? In the UK products have to last a reasonable period of time and be fit for purpose. Garmin claim it builds products to last. This watch has only been used for running and swimming and has been well looked after.  An expensive sports watch that fails after 3 years doesn’t meet this criteria. I am considering legal action against Garmin and the retailer. Can you please have someone contact me to discuss

• So what are the options? In the UK products have to last a reasonable period of time and be fit for purpose

Your watch is covered by a warranty period that matches the country you live in. You will need to directly reach out to Outdoor Product Support by selecting the link I gave above that takes you to the UK Support Center.

You will have the option to email them, call them during their business hours, or use chat if chat agents are available. The UK Outdoor Product Support team is not in our forums to be able to reach out to you.

I am considering legal action against Garmin and the retailer

When you make comments regarding legal, it can put you in a situation where you can only communicate with Garmin through your legal representation.

It is in your best interest to speak with UK Product Support and work with them to resolve your issue.