Resolved - Problem TopoActive Europe 2021.10, insufficient space issue

I updated the latest maps via Garmin Express. Everything ended normally without a problem. Finally, Garmin Express wrote me that I was with the latest updates. I disconnected my F5plus from the PC and restarted it. The process of installing the new maps went smoothly. After reconnecting the watch it to the PC, Garmin Express showed me a new update of TopoActive Europe 2021.10 is available which I had already done. When I try to install this update, I get a message that my device does not have enough space. In my F5plus there enough space free. Does anyone have a similar problem?

• Hello Momcilo.

Thank's but Garmin has solved the problem. But I keep your message for the next time :o)

• This is issue impacts the Fenix 5X watch. Our engineers are working on a solution. Here is the main forum thread I will be posting updates to:

TopoActive EU 2021.10 Insufficient Space Issue

• This is not resolved. I am unable to reinstall the European maps on my 5X+ because they are not offered at all by Garmin Express. I PMd you last night about this and spent 48 minutes on a chat support session this morning with another Chris, only to be finally told that the map updates have been suspended due to space issues. I can reinstall golf maps as many times as I like, but not the European maps that I need because they are not listed by Garmin Express.

In contrast the maps are clearly listed for my 6X....

When will 5X+ maps be made available again? My watch is without maps (except golf). I don't play golf.

• Hi, I totally agree with eezytiger! Nothing is solved! I reset my watch several times. I reinstall the maps (try to) and now I'm back to Fw 14.00. But at the end I have the same problem with my 5 plus. There is no opportunity to install the topo active Europe, same situation as shown by eezytiger. I spent many hours trying, installing resetting and so on. My hobby is doing sport not resolving problems on a 500+ € watch! 

• Just to add a bit more data for Garmin....

If all maps are removed from the watch then the golf maps are again offered for reinstallation. The European maps are not offered at all. In the past it was possible to reinstall all expected maps even after deleting them. Somebody has turned off the European map updates for the 5X+ and maybe other 5+ series watches. Please turn them back on.

• You should at least have the prior TopoActive map on your watch and still have full functionality using your watch. If you have deleted your mapping off of your watch, please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your country.

• After prior map updates I had the "slow loading Maps" problem. The solution to fix this problem: delete map files at the watch and install the maps again via connect. After 15.2 and map update I had the same problem again and I tried the same solution to fix. But there is no topo active available. When I'm copying the backup of my topo active back to watch, the map is very slow (same problem) but connected to pc, there is no opportunity to update or reload topo active. Same problem as eezytiger, I think. 

• Incredibly frustrating. I am really sorry you are both in the same situation with no TopoActive map on your watch.

We do not have an ETA on what will happen to the TopoActive 2021.10 EU map. IE: Smaller regions or have GE remove the Cycle map and leave the updated TopoActive. I am waiting for the decision on what direction the map will go for everyone. I will be happy to update once I learn more.

• My understanding is that the 2021.10 maps do fit onto the 5 plus series watches. Indeed I did have them installed onto my own 5X+, as I wrote earlier in this topic. The file sizes of all installed maps matched the equivalent files installed onto my 6X.

There are two reasons why I deleted the maps that I had already installed...

1. Garmin Express was not showing the option to reinstall the maps that I already had. This is not normal behaviour for Garmin Express. The option to reinstall should always be offered. The golf maps were still offered, but not EU. This led me to believe that something was corrupted on my watch and needed fixing.

2. When reviewing the files on the watch I noticed a spurious large map file that should not have been there and also some .gma files that usually disappear when the watch is restarted and the new maps processed.

Taking these two observations into account if seemed that a logical solution was to wipe the maps and start afresh, without pestering anybody and wasting support time. Unfortunately the decision by Garmin to remove the new maps entirely and not even replace them with the previous version has left me scuppered. Given that the maps had already fitted onto my 5X+ the decision by Garmin to remove access makes no sense at all.

Please reinstate them.