Wish list for future firmware updates

Here is my wishlist for future Firmware updates for the 5 plus series:
  • Fix graphics for widget selection (bullets on the left are only shown with stock widgets, not widgets downloaded from IQ store)
  • Larger selection of optimized watchfaces with digital clock (or do some IQ optimizations because downloaded watchfaces currently tend to drain to much battery IMO)
  • Added support for Edge Remote
  • Option to change criteria used for calculating/choosing ClimbPro climbs (min avg. grade, min ascent, min/max distance, ect.)
  • Cue sheet screen like on the edge devices - list of the next 4-5 user defined course-points (summit, food, generic, etc.) with distance remaining
  • Display trend line data as a layer on top of maps
  • "Real" live segments (I mean race against actual recorded speed/pace , not an average) This one goes to Strava segments as well, who does the same thing.
And of course support for Spotify, when they decide to support Garmin devices.

More ideas...?
  • Google Pay.

Garmin pay has no Amex in Australia.

Ditch garmin pay and go with Google pay. I noticed the Suunto 7 has it. 

I came from sunnto. Not tempted to go back but it's a very nice feature. 

• The Suunto 7 is based on WearOS, so that’s not a fair comparison. AMEX isn’t apart of Garmin Pay here in the States as well, so I just use my Visa or MC credit cards. Easy alternative.

• Fair enough, I have used my Visa also but in my case the Amex is where we get all the benefits so I try to avoid Visa unless it's absolutely necessary.  

My suggestion should have been, add Amex to garmin pay. F5x+ does every thing else I need and then some.

• To add HR reading during indoor n outdoor swim.. since the HR sensor is the same as Swim 2..

• A lot of the suggestions here apply to me as well. The biggest frustration I have is the lack of elevation acclimatisation. Looking at the manual for a device that does support this feature https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner945/EN-US/GUID-70386BCC-5682-4C5C-9A87-C32AF9B6473B.html it doesn't seem like there is anything stopping from the 5+ series from doing the same.

Generally, the whole firstbeat metrics and their associated licencing leaves a lot to be desired. Ultimately consumers lose out despite there being no hardware limitations, such as was the case with music storage or Garmin Pay. 

• Exactly, please activate HR reading when swimming. When I am sitting in the pool w/o activity watch reads my HR w/o issue so it can not be problem to read HR during swimming. Also please add swimming to Training statistic in Connect apl. Thanks!

• It can be a problem. When swimming there is a lot of wrist flexion and also water possibly being forced between the watch and your wrist,

And to be honest I don't think it's really worthwhile. Again, it probably comes back to 'it works for some but not for others'. While I get results that look ok, I know they are too high as I've just been able to verify the WHR results from my F6 Pro with a HRM-Tri chest strap. However, I do know others who have results that are comparable.

• Why do consumers lose out? Did they buy the watch for what it could actually do or because they hoped it might be able to do something in the future? 

Garmin do add features to released watches for some while. But there comes a point when either they can't because of the limitations of the watch or simply don't want to.

• There is already a workaround to get OHR readings for swimming on a Fenix 5+. Try following these steps:

1. Position the OHR widget at the top of the list of widgets (so that its accessible from your watch face using one click of the down button) 

2. Setup HR as one of the screens on your pool or open water swim activity

3. Launch a swim activity, then press the start button

4. Before you actually start swimming, push and hold the lap button until your normal home screen  watch face appears

5. Press and hold the down button to bring up the OHR screen, wait a second or 2 for the HR reading to appear

6. Press the lap button again to return to the swim. Scroll to the swim screen showing HR to see your current HR.

7. Start swimming.

As noted below, the nature of arm movement in swimming may yield variable results, but in my experience the HR shown is pretty close to how hard I swim (I don't have a Chest strap to validate)

Also, in open water mode, the HR will be recorded to the Activity file, so you can see a graph of your entire workout HR afterwards in Garmin Connect. This doesn't seem to happen in Pool swim mode.

But in both pool and open water modes, I get a Training Effect score from the activity. Which then forms part of my overall weekly Training Load.

Hope this helps.

PS - Forum Mods, please don't let the Garmin Dev team "fix" this workaround in future firmware versions!!!