26.00 issue - route has changed color

After the 26.00 install, my course lines are all a shade of red, vs green and white, as they used to be. It is much harder for me to read with the new color scheme.

I can't find a setting that allows me to go back to the old scheme. Does anyone have a workaround, or is experiencing the same issue?

• 26.79 as beta was launched recently, but it did not address it (based on the release notes)

• Not the news I wanted to hear. I just spoke to support. Short story is that there is no ETA on a fix. No offer of any kind of remedial action. I'm moving on, since I love exploring new areas, and this watch doesn't cut it anymore.

Too bad, since I loved the watch before the update, and now I have to use something else to get acceptable guidance. This was an expensive lesson learned.

• With a lag of 3 months I joined the club of users complaining on the course color change. It was just today when I started to use course navigation with my Enduro. Before I had used my Fenix 6x that I am retiring these days.

• All Enduro users who do not like this red course color on his/her watch: please report it in the way which was offered it by Garmin-Chris in this thread.

Thanks.

• Well done. :-)

(Background:

after I had reported it in a PM as it had been offered I was told that there had been too few Fenix 6 users who complained about it. This reference to F6 may have been a simple typo, because so far I have seen only Enduro owners complaining about it.

So if I positively assume that the user base is regarded as "Enduro owners" and not "F6 owners" I see some - even if a small - chance to gather a critical mass. )

• For your information: +1

• Nobody else? In this case I must realize that we are really to few to get back the original course coloring for Enduro.

Although I still cannot see any reasons why it was changed with 26.00.

I find no complaints made before 26.00 regarding the original coloring.

So even if now it is requested only by 10 users or so, it is much more than zero users who requested the red course coloring for Enduro.

• Well, thanks for trying. I am getting the feeling that there will be no more firmware updates for the Enduro.

What actually bothers me most about this issue is that it should be a given to fix a bug that was introduced with an update, no matter how many people notice it or are affected by it. 

• I agree. It is why I highlighted that there had been no complaints, no request. So changing it to red cannot be called as a new feature, or change in feature.

I surmise it was a sort of mere bug.

But it is more subtle to call it a change, because technically it still works.

And we arrived at the trap: if it were not a newly introduced bug then the necessity to fix it (or change it) much much lower.