This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enduro Rebooting During Activity

Is anyone else having issues with the enduro rebooting in the middle of an activity? (This is the first version as I haven't received the second yet.) I've had this happen several times over the past few weeks. I don't seem to lose any data, it just reboots to the save/resume page. I'm running the 20.42 but it has happened on other version as well. 

• I have to ask, as I am convinced the Reboot / Crash issue is the result of the watch being in range of your cell phone (by Bluetooth). And Notifications (SMS, Email, Incoming phone calls, other alerts) have been enabled.  I have had a couple Crash dump Reboot on my Enduro.  I have never seen this problem on my older Garmin Forerunner 920XT.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to WiseONE!

Don’t think that is the case. I completely disabled any notification for my watch (using iOS)

for me it looked like the watch rebooted when I massively deviated from the course that I was following.

• I have to ask, as I have seen a similar issue, where the Smartwatch Reboots (the Garmin Triangle seen on bootUP). I am convinced this Crash is being caused by Bluetooth Notifications being Enabled. (Ie. SMS messages, incoming phone calls, e-mail or other Alerts) I have had my Enduro reboot randomly now a couple of times, when a Notification was being forwarded from my phone to the Enduro. 

I have these same Notifications being forwarded from my phone to my older Garmin Forerunner 920XT, and have never experienced this problem.

Can you all comment on if you're Smartwatch has been configured to receive Notifications from your phone.

• I cannot confirm this. I had Bluetooth and Notifications enabled, but didn't take my phone with me on the run.

• Updated software to 22.10 and the issue still persist. having this problem since nearly 2 months and did not receive any feedback from Garmin. Starts to be frustrating!

• When this happened to me I was already on Software update 22.10 so pretty sure this was not resolved with the latest update. I have also been in touch with Garmin a few times and no response from them about this yet .... 

• Given how much the devices cost, and how loyal a lot of Garmin customers tend to be in terms of sticking with the ecosystem, I've been staggered at how poor their customer service is

• I have seen this issue only seen it a few times. The issue happens when I try to read a text message from the watch during the activity.

• Given how much the devices cost, and how loyal a lot of Garmin customers tend to be in terms of sticking with the ecosystem, I've been staggered at how poor their customer service is

Engineering is working on the issue to get it resolved as soon as possible.

When you reach out to Product Support in your region, the agent you speak with is the messenger on whether an issue is being worked on by engineering or has been resolved.

• I have the same thing. Whenever I navigate on a 20k + it resets itself again and again. It all started after the update early March. Have contacted support who asked me to send the data file which I did right away. They acknowledged receipt but have never heard anything. It still happens and had to withdraw of 2 races to date because of it. After all these years of support aI’m now done with Garmin and Will by myself a Coros watch!