No issues on the mk1?

The last update was "some" month ago. No issues to fix? I am just curious. Have I missed something?

• Trust me, I understand the safety around diving equipment, I sell it. I understood that buying this and selling this (as I’m also a Garmin dealer), that the frequency of updates wouldn’t be as high as other models. I understand that but I also understand when a company supports their products and when they don’t. 

The Mk1 really had the potential to being a fantastic all around tool watch but Garmin’s lack of progress improving the watch (diving and watch related updates) is/was deafening.

• Is there anything we as MK1 owners and forum participants CAN actually do to persuade Garmin to keeo our watch up to date and bugfree? Can we call, write, reach out to someone? If so, what would the proper channel be?

• Unfortunately, no. When this forum was rocking a year ago, even with all the complaints then, it fell on deaf ears. 

Now, if they release a Mk2, then one of two things will happen: 

1. They’ll learn from their mistakes and support this better

2. They’ll operate like they did with the Mk1

Now, I do know this. Once people buy dive gear, specifically Dive Computers, they typically do NOT replace their computers every 2 years, like Garmin’s typical watch refresh schedule. So the Mk2 (especially with the projected cost), won’t sell as easily as their Gen 1 did.

• As I dive the Descent as a backup, I am not spending $1k+ to upgrade it just because the Mk2 came out. I did upgrade my Perdix to the AI, and add two transmitters, so I can use it with Sidemount. 

• I think garmin hates bad comments by social networks ...
  • Trux, other dive computer manufacturers are able to come out with rock solid updates and bug fixes as needed. I found a bug on my Shearwater a few years ago, and they had an update in a few days that fixed the issue and did not cause any new issues. So it can be done quickly if the company is committed.

Garmin is treating the Descent like an orphan step child in a lot of ways. It has never received the support and testing needed. Case in point, why did it take 18 months after the release of the Descent for the compass to work correctly? Or maybe how the hell did that ever make it out of testing and field trials? Rather than fix this, or even look into it, Garmin chose to add support for CCRs to the Descent. 

• Hi , any takes on this? Do you know if Garmin is currently working on releasing any updates to the MK1 soon?

Thanks!

• I do know we are still working on releasing an update to the MK1, unfortunately I don't have a timeline on when that update will come out though. I will definitely keep you updated when I have more information.

regarding altitude diving and how the Descent handles NDL at elevation, it is going to adjust this based purely on the barometric pressure sensor of the watch. GPS elevation or manually entering your elevation will have no effect on your NDL.

• Nate, there have been many updates for the F5, why there have been no (non diving relevant) updates for the mk1? Or is it not possible, because a non diving relevant update would may cause issues for the diving features?

• Thank you for the answer,

I have a doubt, then  this only works when i Choose NO  SALT WATER mode, I suppose... is that right  ?  

And  i wont see anything in the watch( Icon or anything )  that confirms me that the watch is adapting the NDL basing in the barometric  reading  ...

Why it is not included in the Instruction Manual?

Can i make a simulation of NDL in the watch based on my actual position as i do in PLAN in the sea, or it only works in DIVE mode  ?

The last question it is possible set DEEP STOPS in the descompresión calculations?

Thanks again ..,..