This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Golf Device Frustration - X40

I picked up an Approach X40 last July. It gives me distances for golfing and tracks my score as well as my shots/distances with clubs. It has been fantastic up until the last month or so. The device still gives me distances while on the course and still tracks clubs and distances, but now it does not upload any of the data from my round to Garmin Connect, however it does upload the actual exercise(heart rate, distance traveled, map, etc).

Looking over the Garmin site it sounds like this is a known issue and their current work around is to turn off Bluetooth so that you can upload the stats manually to your computer.

It seems ridiculous that their solution to a problem with one of the major functions of the device(score/shot tracking) is to disable another of the major functions(notifications from my phone).

I had a FitBit before and it had its own shortcomings, but this seems ridiculous. Reaching out to customer support did not work, just curious if anyone else has any ideas?

• I am sorry you are having issues with synced scorecard data. There is a current known issue for Approach X40 owners. I just double checked and confirmed the issue has been escalated to our Approach X40 Golf engineers and they are working on resolving the issue as soon as possible.

• As i know try performing a reset on your Approach X40. This can often resolve software glitches. Check the Garmin user manual or website for instructions on how to reset your specific model or uninstall the Garmin Connect app from your phone and reinstall it. This may help resolve any potential software conflicts. 

MyAccountAccess.com