inReach Sync logging in.

We are not having much luck the last few days and now our inReach Sync password is not being accepted.
We have not changed it.
If you try to log in it simply says incorrect password with no option to reset it or click on a forgotten password option.
Its very frustrating as everything has been working well. We are just starting our sporting holiday season and really need to get things working for safety.
Again I say we have not changed any passwords, email addresses or usernames.

Update:--- finally we were directed to reset our password via our inreach account only to find that it would not accept our password there now. We save our passwords so there is no need to keep typing them when logging in. Usually we just log in automatically but now when logging in it is asking for passwords and then does not accept them.
Please help Garmin!!!!
  • Although Garmin employees sometimes read and post here, this is not a product support channel. If you need assistance from Garmin, call tech support.

With regard to passwords: The sync program and login to inreach.garmin.com use the same credentials. Both of them are, unfortunately, tangled up with Garmin single sign-on. This can cause problems if you have more than one "account" with Garmin. For example, if your forum login and your inreach.garmin.com credentials are different, you will sometimes run into problems when trying to use the two sites simultaneously. You might be unexpectedly logged out of one of the sites, or your login credentials might change.

I would suggest the following. Log out of the forum and out of any OTHER Garmin accounts you might have. Clear your browser cache and cookies. (Yes, I know it sounds like overkill. But trust me on this.) Open a new browser session, navigate to inreach.garmin.com and try to log in. If you really have forgotten your password, you can recover it from the "Password (Forgot?)" link on the second screen of the login sequence (the one where you enter the password). IIRC, you will need access to the e-mail account under which you log into inreach.garmin.com.

Once you have reset your password and successfully logged into inreach.garmin.com, you will be able to use the same credentials with the sync program. Again, subject to not trying to access two different Garmin sites with different credentials at the same time.

Note that you can also sync messages, contacts, etc. through the free Earthmate app if you have a smart phone. However, those apps use the same credentials as the web site and sync program. So you need to be able to login there before using the app. Warning: The app also syncs your logged track points. AFAIK, it is still broken in the sense that the resulting track does not display correctly on the map. This has no effect on the rest of the sync. Just be forewarned. Also, the app does not deliver f/w updates.

Finally, unlike other iR devices, the Mini receives firmware updates through Garmin Express, not via the sync program.

• THE GOOD NEWS:- Your message above gave me an idea that my inReach SYNC password maybe now changed due to joining the forum (and using a different password) so I could sort out my first issue.
    This turned out to be correct and I can now log into SYNC and SYNC my inReach Mini. Phewww

Thank you twolpert.

So the moral of the story is:---- Use the same email and password for your inReach account, your SYNC account and this Forum.
  • Just a clarification: There is no "sync account". No matter what you do, that one is always the same as your account at inreach.garmin.com. That is, there is no separate account registration or maintenance for sync.

You're now doing it the way Gamin hopes everybody will do it - just one Garmin account for everything. That's not practical for everybody, but I'm glad it works for you.
  • I have the same issue.

I can sign into my web inreach account but the sync app says incorrect password. So does the Earthmate app.

I have changed my password and tried again.Still [not working].

I have uninstalled the sync app. Still [not working].

I have sent an email to tech support. [Deleted]

Moderated - language

• You will get better results if you call tech support. This allows them to interact with you in real time. Exchanging email on a subject like this won't be as productive.