Is it possible to toggle between inreach devices and swap the active device during a month?

Am i the only person who has multiple inreach devices and wants to swap the active device like couple of times during a month? i have a 66i, an explorer+ and a mini. And i really would like to vary and wish to swap the active device couple of times during a month.  it would be great to toggle between my inreach devices . Is it possible to do that? One day hiking with inreach mini, another day 66i and fishing...

i've found some information on garmins support website. and it says:

You would be paying for all subscriptions, regardless if the device(s) is active or not

• The only exception is if the non-active device(s) is on a Freedom plan, and is suspended
  • The active device must be assigned to a user in order for inReach services to function

Does it mean that every device needs seperate subscriptions and in this case 3xFreedom plan, but i can use only one device at a time? Or Does it mean that only one plan is enough and i just need to assign the subscription to one of my devices, and can swap freely between my devices?

How do you guys do?  I hope that someone out there can give me/us some advice/tricks/tips. 

Thanks in advance!

• You are not alone. It is absolutely possible to have only one plan and assign it to whichever device you want to use. Obviously if you want to use the two devices with inReach enabled on both you need two plans.

On explore.garmin.com go to plans and devices and copy the IMEI number of the device you want to make active. Select “Add new inReach device” and then select “I am switching”. From the drop down select the IMEI of the active device and then paste in the IMEI number of the device you want to make active into the field in step 2, as well as the Auth code which you can get off the device. You can even select the picture of your device and it will tell you how to find the Auth code. Hit switch and it takes about 10 minutes to complete the switch. You will then see your desired device active.

• Thank you very much for your answer Rain_King :) i do actually exactly the same thing. Glad to hear that you do same and i am not "tricking" the system and i am not alone :) So there is no other "right" way to do that :)

Ill just try and test to switch between my devices more often and see what the limit is.. Thank you again

• You are welcome. It would be much nicer having a toggle button, maybe it is like this to ensure that no one deactivates the wrong device by mistake.