No Location Data Available

I set up MapShare today before a trip and sent a test message. Message came thru and is posted on my MapShare page, but it says "No Location Data Available" above it. I have the message settings set to send location data. "All Time" and all message types are selected. How/where else might there be a setting that would control this? I need to be able to send locations on the MapShare page. Thanks

• What type of iR device are you using? This behavior can occur when you choose to ignore the warning about sending a message prior to having a fix. (It's also possible that the message will carry incorrect location data, rather than none.)

If you sent the message via one of the phone apps (Earthmate or Explore, depending on the iR device you are using), it IS possible to accidentally suppress location data for an individual message. There is a "pin" icon next to the box where you enter the message in the app. Tapping the pin toggles sending/not sending location data with the message. This is a more likely explanation than no/poor fix - but only if you are using the app.

Does the message appear in approximately the correct location on the MapShare map?