How are InReach to InReach messages billed?

How are direct InReach to InReach messages billed on measured accounts? Do both parties use up a message allotment, or neither, or ..? I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere on the web site.

Thanks in advance...

Parents
  • Hi ,

Great question. inReach-to-inReach messages are charged at the same rate as messages sent to SMS and email recipient. However, keep in mind that since new messages received by an inReach are charged at the plan rate, the sending inReach would get charged for sending the message and the receiving inReach would get charged for receiving the message. 

You may have seen the article from our Support Center that talks about  message charges: Frequently Asked Questions About inReach Message Charges.  I put in a request to have info about inReach-to-inReach message charges added to that article. Thank you for the question and feedback.

• Hi ,

Great question. inReach-to-inReach messages are charged at the same rate as messages sent to SMS and email recipient. However, keep in mind that since new messages received by an inReach are charged at the plan rate, the sending inReach would get charged for sending the message and the receiving inReach would get charged for receiving the message. 

You may have seen the article from our Support Center that talks about  message charges: Frequently Asked Questions About inReach Message Charges.  I put in a request to have info about inReach-to-inReach message charges added to that article. Thank you for the question and feedback.

Children