How much costs "Check for messages"?

Listen interval can be set up from "Continuous" to 20 minutes. Any idea how much costs each checking as it definitely refreshes current location in MapShare. Usually the location data is charged around 0.10$ per location (ping, trackpoint). I doubt that "Check for messages" refreshes location for free? Or, maybee I am wrong...

Info: I have Safety plan.

• Thanks, Andrew. I'll continue testing the behaviour of the device when sending the track points. It will cost me some money, but it doesn't matter. I also talked to the person of our public 112 SAR service (like 911 in USA).  Until now they have no experience with calls through GEOS and satellite messengers, probably we shall (with all caution!) make some tests when CoronaVirus will go away.

• I agree, TWolpert. This was one of the reasons why I returned Mini and purchased Explorer+. After 24 hours of testing (4.5h outdoors, 19.5h indoors), listen interval 10 minutes, the battery is still at 49%. Great! BTW: two hours before the end of testing device stopped blinking. The reason: I moved it (unintentional) to another corner of my desk, where by some miracle signals from the satellites were available Slight smile.