Is there currently a server-side issue? I'm seeing only a few data points on website for currently-active track.

I'm currently watching an active hiker on a multi-day trip.  They swear they're doing what they always do, but I'm only seeing the first few data points from the currently-active track.  (Yesterday it was two points, today it's three.)  Messages to/from the hiker are going through, and they tell me it appears to be tracking normally on the device.  Is there something amiss on the servers today?

-- Pete

• The user as the full-size Garmin Inreach.  It's been working well since early 2017.  This week, not so much.

• Status board currently shows operational. That's not conclusive by any means. You can sign up for updates on the status page.

https://status.inreach.garmin.com/

You don't say if you are looking at MapShare or the owner's Map tab. Either way, the conventional wisdom is to either clear your browser cache and cookies or try it with a different browser. The point of a different browser isn't different functionality - it's checking the web site in a browser that has no existing history with the web site...

• Thanks, .  I wasn't aware of the status website.  I've subscribed.

I'm looking at MapShare.  Clearing the browser cache in Chrome doesn't change the behavior.  Microsoft Edge, which had never even been fired up on this PC, shows the same as I see in Chrome.  I'll give Garmin support a call.

Thanks again.

-- Pete

• I spoke with Garmin technical support.  They quickly determined that the likely cause is out-of-date firmware and/or corrupted data on the hiker's device, likely caused by a failed sync the last time the device was connected to a PC. They suggested re-syncing, verifying that the firmware was updated successfully, then testing tracking.  If the sync and firmware update doesn't resolve the issue then the recommendation is to factory-reset the device. The agent even followed up with an email repeating these recommendations.

Many thanks to Marvin in Garmin technical support for thoroughly and professionally handling my call.

-- Pete