WHS compliance

Dear Garmin,
Before to potentially spend a few euros in your last golf watch, and after reading the S60 fora, could you confirm me that the approach S62 is already compliant with WHS scorecards (including SSS and slope) or is there any plan to update the software in order to do so ?
thanks in advance

kind regards

• Hi Celeras.  It was only after seeing your comments that I realised that the WHS was different depending on location!  I believe the difference is that in some parts of the world you play a four ball with some people off whites and some of yellows (or any combination) etc and the “course rating minus par” takes that into account.  In the UK that rarely happens, normally all players in a group will play off the same tee box.  If you are out with ladies then they will be playing in a separate ladies competition so no correction is required.  Consequently there was never a requirement to take into account the different difficulties of different tee boxes.

As you mention, hopefully Garmin-Chris will have some ideas as to how to use the watch settings can be used for the two different systems of WHS.

• I didn't know that the UK would not use the actual par.

I think this is how the UK is planned to work, this card will be in pro shop and should be by first tee. The best way would surely be for the app to ask for your course handicap or the addition necessary (eg +1.2 shots to get the playing number of 18.)  at the start of each round and use that as not sure the course database holds all the info when it just asks mens or ladies tees.

• Hi Mindstorm, you are correct in that a player should use their handicap index against the above card for the tees they will be playing off which will give them a course handicap.  In my case of 16.8 off the yellow tees, using the above card, I would have a course handicap of 21; I could then enter a local handicap of 21 in the settings for the watch and that will be fine.  However, it would be better if I could just update the watch when my handicap index changes and the watch then does the appropriate calculation for me to give me my course handicap; note this would require the watch to ask which tees I am using prior to play.

• and the course database to be correct Thinking.  It just needs a correction field to appear before play for the moment.

Would be good to know how they manage elsewhere in the world where this has been in use for a while.