S40 Not realising the hole is finished

I updated to firmware 6.20 on sunday before my round but every time i finished a hole the watch would not realise and even kept telling yardage to the previous hole when i arrived at the next tee.

I had to manually change scorecard and change the hole after each green.

Is this common?

Could a reset fix this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Hello, we have made adjustments to scoring prompt to improve the overall user experience. You can find more information on the support page linked below.

Adjustment to Scoring Prompt on Compatible Approach Devices

• The functionality of the changes do not seem to be working consistently. The majority of the scores today had to be input manually and typically well into the next tee box with some tee boxes being well over 100 yards from prior green.  Only on a few occasions was I able to input the score as I had prior to the update.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 'This was done to allow users to still be able to access the full screen green view without having to close the auto score prompt that was previously displayed when near the green. This change will benefit users as it allows more time to use all golf functions without having to clear the full screen auto score prompt, and then manually open it again in the menu in order to enter score and stats.'

I appreciate that you have done this to effectively stop people from viewing the green on the device without having to manually change to that screen to view, but the problem is now we have to manually enter the scoring screen so its just swapped from one to the other.

Would it not be better to put this in as a toggle so users can choose what they want happening as you approach the green? 

It is now possible for example to tee off on the next hole and miss being able to input the club you have used to tee off if you forgot to input your score on the last hole.

• 'This was done to allow users to still be able to access the full screen green view without having to close the auto score prompt that was previously displayed when near the green. This change will benefit users as it allows more time to use all golf functions without having to clear the full screen auto score prompt, and then manually open it again in the menu in order to enter score and stats.'

I appreciate that you have done this to effectively stop people from viewing the green on the device without having to manually change to that screen to view, but the problem is now we have to manually enter the scoring screen so its just swapped from one to the other.

Would it not be better to put this in as a toggle so users can choose what they want happening as you approach the green? 

It is now possible for example to tee off on the next hole and miss being able to input the club you have used to tee off if you forgot to input your score on the last hole.

• It's a huge bug. It has happened to me several times in a round that it would not prompt for scoring when I was 150 yards from the green and even after I manually entered the score, it would not move to the next hole. Please fix it.

• The idea was good but it didn't work well. Many times I was more than 150 yards away from the green and it would not do anything. 

• Follow up to my earlier post. Used my S40 today and it worked perfectly. Only change I made was to reset and turn the Big Numbers setting off.  Not sure if Garmin fixed the glitch or not, but seems to working just fine

• Big Numbers is an important feature for me though.

• The update causes nothing but problems for me at my course. The score has to be input manually on several holes and as a result ialso have to change the hole. If I forget, then all my strokes are recorded incorrectly. It is not working for me and I preferred it as it was.