Manually Adding Shots & adding putts.

My third round yesterday with the S40 watch and I'm starting to get to grips with it now.

However I am still struggling in the correct procedure to take with the watch when I approach the green and find I have a short chip shot to play, can anyone help?

The scenario is this.

I play my tee shot and approach shots and select the club taken on the phone and all is going well, then I find my approach has missed the green long but the watch has already changed screen to the enter score mode!

I come out of this mode as my approach has not hit the green and I go to the "Last shot" menu on the watch and click "Add shot", I do this at the location where I am going to chip from and choose the tick to confirm I'm starting the new shot from the current location and then I pick the club - what do I do then?

It start to count the distance after I've hit the chip, but how do I tell it when I've got to my ball to putt? 

Is this where purchasing the starter set of CT10's would help? If I added them to the putter and the two clubs I use mainly around the greens?

If I don't purchase the CT10's can someone tell me how they operate their watch under the scenario above?

Also, why is it not possible to add putts when editing the data after a round on the Garmin Golf app?

If I choose Scorecards then my latest round for example, then choose a hole from the list below the scorecard if the number of putts is incorrect and I wish to add one, when I click the "+" symbol and try to add a putt it tells me putts cannot be added, "Lie type green" is greyed out.