Does anyone know how to fix a corrupted scorecard in Garmin Golf app?

This has now happened to me twice. I play a round of golf and record the shots and the score using my Garmin S20 Approach watch. I end the round and then synch my S20 with my android smart phone. The scorecard is there in my Garmin Golf app, and in my Garmin Connect app, and I can also see it in the connect.garmin.com website.

Now, if open the scorecard in the Garmin Golf app and choose "Edit" in the upper right corner menu, the Garmin Connect app opens on my phone and allows me to edit the scorecard. Whether I make any changes or not in the scorecard, when I click "Done Editing", that entire round of golf disappears in my list of scorecards and courses in my Garmin Connect mobile app, the shots (only) disappear from my Garmin Golf app, and the shots and scorecard are still there to view in the connect.garmin.com online website.

Both times this has happened to me, the affected scorecard cannot be eited any longer. The only option I have is to SAVE the scorecard. The Edit the Scorecard option vanishes for that specific scorecard. I also find that in the affected scorecards, I can no longer edit any of the shots anymore using the connect.garmin.com site (of course, the shots cannot be viewed any longer in either mobile app so that option is also not possible).

Garmin technical support tried to help me with this and suggested a device power-cycle restart, and when this did not work, it was suggested that I completely uninstall both Garmin apps from my android  phone, reinstall them and then perform a power cycle restart. The issue was not fixed by any of these suggested methods.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a work-around to fix the corrupted scorecard(s)? I'd really like to see both the scorecards and the shots again in the mobile apps.