This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

S20 not syncing to connect on phones (Iphone or samsung).

There was a massive Amazon prime deal with the S20 bundle (w/3 CT10s) so there are probably a lot of us with this issue. Contacted Garmin and was told they are working on it, as it seems to be a bluetooth issue with the S20 and the app. All normal fixes have not worked for me including updating software, doing phone and watch resets and all the crazy things we normally do to fix pairing issues. Connects and uploads fine on PC. I am hopeful that Garmin will fix this soon and the issue will be taken care of, but figured I would post encase someone just got a new device and is having the same issues we are. We actually bought two cause the deal was so good and both sadly do not work. Well hope this info helps someone...run, walk, bike, swim, hike, golf..happy everyone!

• We are currently investigating reports of Approach S20s not able to pair with iPhones. The following steps may allow you to complete pairing after receiving the "Pairing Failed" message. 

1. Receive Pairing Failed message
    2. Close the Garmin Connect app
    3. Open Settings on your phone
    4. Select Bluetooth
    5. Make sure the Approach S20 says Connected
    6. Open the Garmin Connect app again
    7. Select More
    8. Select Garmin Devices
    9. Select Add Device
    10. Place the Approach S20 in pairing mode
    11. Select to Pair when the app find your watch

If these steps work for you, the pairing should complete and the Garmin Connect app will show your device as Connected. 

• yep, i bought on the prime deal also and have tried everything the past 2 days to get the watch to pair with my iphone with no luck. frustrating.

• SO update mine worked today. not by doing anything of the above but rather by resyncing express, then going to bluetooth and forgetting the S20 that was there. Going back into the app and again trying it. finally after it didn't find it two times on the third it worked and Im now synced...I have no idea how the CT10s will be. My husbands on the other hand still doesn't work. I will be attempting to fix that when I get home. 

• A fix has been identified for this issue and has been pushed live. Approach S20 users should now be able to pair and sync with iOS devices. 

• Worked on both!! Thank you guys for the quick fix!!! Now only one of my three CT10  sensors paired. Thinking battery issue..maybe?? checked the battery on the one that paired using the approved steps but on the watch under about for the sensor all I get is three dots (...) no info like guide said. Can’t check the other two as they are not pairing. Is it possible 2 out of my three new sensors are broke? Also doing all of he steps to properly pair