Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep getting logged out, any fix ?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin recently posted that they are very aware of the problems and that are looking to replace their vBulletin software with something else. Unfortunately, they need to come to a solution that suits a number of different entities within Garmin and that takes time.

However, they said they are as frustrated as everyone else.

Comment

Here is my solution: Staying Alive for Google Chrome extension

This pings a url of your choice in the background at an interval specified by you.
      For the url I have just configured it to be the forum url, and have set it to 5 minutes interval.
      For as long as the browser is open, you won't be logged out, even when idle for long periods, thanks to the background job pinging the forum every 5 minutes on your behalf.
      My Connect IQ apps
      I only run so I can wear a Garmin!

Comment

Originally posted by HermoT View Post
        For the url I have just configured it to be the forum url, and have set it to 5 minutes interval.
        For as long as the browser is open, you won't be logged out, even when idle for long periods, thanks to the background job pinging the forum every 5 minutes on your behalf.
        I had the browser closed overnight and when I opened the browser and the forum again this morning, I was still logged in! (looks like the background job keeps running regardless of the browser being open or not)
        I now have the interval set at 10 minutes. Could make it even more, but will have to test it.
        My Connect IQ apps

Comment

Hermo - I tried 20 minutes last night on one computer and got logged out, but the one at 10 minutes stayed logged in. I'll try 15 minutes today. This is a great tip by the way!
          My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
          Facebook - Instagram -
          Twitter

Comment

jim_m_58 Great! Glad someone else finds this useful too!
            My Connect IQ apps

Comment

I tried it at 5 minutes but I still am logged out everytime I return here. I don't know what I might be doing wrong.

There are 3 things I do in the forum.
              1. I open the forum in a new window rather than tab.
              2. I mark all channels read when I leave.
              3. I close the browser window from the forum but there are other chrome windows left open for GMail and my home page.

Comment

It might be that the same browser needs to be open, not sure. I use only one browser but have many tabs open. I think each browser is a different session, not sure.
                When you open a browser, can you see the red notification icon on the extension button indicating that the job is running?
                Capture.PNG

The job should be triggered when you first visit the url that you specified.
                Last edited by HermoT; 07-08-2018, 01:52 AM.
                My Connect IQ apps

Comment

Oh yeah. It shows. I'll leave the browser window open and see if that's what it takes.

Comment

I'm at 15 minutes on a desktop and laptop, and and it seems to be working great!
                    Facebook - Instagram -
                    Twitter

Comment

I never got it to work. Don't know why.

Comment

I found that restarting chrome helped when things didn't kick off. It also runs as a background process, so maybe reboot and start clean?
                        Facebook - Instagram -
                        Twitter

Comment

Rebooting on my PC is a PITA. I try to avoid it as much as possible. I'll try just restarting Chrome and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X