Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow; I got VIRB Edit 5.4.0 to import, edit and export a 53 minute video! Wooo Hooo!
    Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Comment

This is not a financial site. There is no need to log us out after a few minutes. It is so frustrating when I am composing a post, maybe editing it before submitting and taking my time, only to get an error when I try to submit because I don't have access. Clicking on the Login button won't work because I get a blank pop up box that has not place for my user name and pass word so I have to remove anything in the URL after .com to log in, refresh the screen and log in, losing where I am in the forum. How about going back to the old forum software. Over two months now and basic stuff has not been fixed.

Comment

fkelsch,

We all feel your pain. I should say though that once I'm logged in, I remain logged in for as long as I am in the forum. I don't get logged out in the middle of a post anymore. That happened to me when the forum was first upgraded but was corrected after a few days.
        Last edited by pshare; 09-17-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I'm the same, never logged out in the middle of a post.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

In self defense - do a copy all of the post and put the it on Notepad. You can then copy and paste when you have logged back in.

I feel your pain - it shouldn't happen in the 21st Century
            Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Comment

There is some anecdotal evidence that logging out, clearing your cookies entirely, and logging back in may help with this problem. Since you can't seem to stay logged in, there doesn't seem to be anything to lose by trying it.
              -- Tom
              inReach SE, inReach Explorer, PN-60WSE, Colorado 400t, Nuvi 2555LMT

Comment

Clearing cache didn't help me. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. After about 30 minutes of inactivity, when I try to access the list of unread posts, I am no longer logged in.
                Oregon 550T, nuvi 3597LMTHD, nuvi 855, nuvi 755T

Comment

I don't think there's anything you can do about the inactivity timeout. The cookie-clearing sometimes helps with people who are spontaneously logged out while active. Or so I have heard.
                  -- Tom
                  inReach SE, inReach Explorer, PN-60WSE, Colorado 400t, Nuvi 2555LMT

Comment

Working...
                  X