Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instinct Suggestions List

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some kind of map support. i want a fenix 5x plus just for maps but i have an instinct which takes a beating.

Comment

1) Make heartrate sensor enabling/disabling per activity same as gps setting, also hot key to turn it on/off
      2) Not sure if possible but good to have gym climbing activity
      3) Add any timezone to eye not UTC only
      4) More watchfaces

Comment

Now hoping Garmin will add support for HRM-TRI and HRM-SWIM for swimming, please.

Comment

Possibility to setup not only 4 hours but also 12 and 24 graph history period in thermometer widget - analogically to pressure widget where it is possible...

Comment

Tide graph widget and surf acrivity

Comment

The functions mentioned are very good suggestions. What I really really really like to see, to make the ruggidized outdoor watch a true outdoor watch is TIDE graph.
              As a 'funsports athlete' (MTB, Surf, Windsurf, SUP, Run, Hike) this is a widget I am dying to have on my wrist to make the watch complete.

Oh... and... I don't feel/hear the difference for a phone call or message on my wrist. It would be great to notice the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSee View Post
                Now hoping Garmin will add support for HRM-TRI and HRM-SWIM for swimming, please.
                I hadn't realized that this wasn't included and overlooked it in the specifications. Strange omission, as the watch has all swimming support otherwise. Reconsidering options..

Comment

The recent key lock thread led me to find a bit of an annoyance. Upon learning of the feature I turned on auto-lock as I noticed if I bend my wrist sharply, sometimes it will inadvertently hit the GPS button causing an unwanted activity to start.

I also have my Instinct alarm set to wake me up. Well 4AM is not the best time to have to figure out that locking the keys keeps you from simply pressing the usual cancel button to shut it up. It's not a huge deal, long press then press again, but it would be much better to just hit it once to turn it off. Seems like a simple enough programming change to allow button presses during an active alarm.

Request: Have lock keys temporarily disable during an alarm to permit cancel and snooze press without first unlocking keys.
                  GPS 72 - Nuvi 65LM - inReach Explorer + - Instinct - Speed/Cadence Sensors

Comment

My suggestions:

- Add hotkey option to toggle DND
                    - Add hotkey option to jump directly to a widget I choose
                    - Add an option to allow phone calls to vibrate even during DND mode
                    - Add an option to have UTC (or really any time zone) displayed in one of the data fields other than the 'eye'

Comment

Some more suggestions:

Battery Percentage (seems a common request)

Add some data Fields (please tell me if these exist and I've missed something):
                      Max Heart Rate
                      Average Moving Speed (this is in the manual but not avail on the watch)
                      Moving Time
                      Stopped Time

Options to change colour of eye. Default face has blue eye on blue face. Reverse has white face with blue eye (not white). Seems a bit random what the developers have chosen. I can change the colour of a data display from blue to white but then no option to choose the colour of the eye.

Being able to change the type of activity. So be able to copy/clone an activity but then change its type to save setting up data fields from scratch.

When removing an activity, actually remove it (this may be a bug).

Fix Garmin connect mobile (another forum)

Comment

- % of the battery
                        - additional simple watch face without graph
                        - simple map

Comment

I would love to see "Remaining Calories" on the watch itself, specifically I'd love to show it on my watch face. It's in Connect so should be possible.

Comment

DRigbye That one is so obvious to me that I simply can’t understand why it’s not already in place.

Right now Garmin Connect is showing me that I’m at 1670 Total Calories burned for the day (1076 resting plus 594 active, recorded on the bike using an Edge 1030), but the Fenix 5+ watch face is showing 1406. If the Fenix isn’t going to show the correctly recorded calories, including all activity in Garmin Connect then this data field is rendered utterly pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by lj50 View Post
                              DRigbye That one is so obvious to me that I simply can’t understand why it’s not already in place.

Right now Garmin Connect is showing me that I’m at 1670 Total Calories burned for the day (1076 resting plus 594 active, recorded on the bike using an Edge 1030), but the Fenix 5+ watch face is showing 1406. If the Fenix isn’t going to show the correctly recorded calories, including all activity in Garmin Connect then this data field is rendered utterly pointless.
                              Did you try sync your watch with the app using the sync in the top right of the Garmin app?

Still won't help with showing remaining calories so doesn't help me.

Comment

I own at this time the Forerunner 645 Music, but my watch has been broken and waiting for the repair. I think about selling the FR645m (music i didn't use much and not missing it) and buy the Instinct. The only thing is that I miss the VO2 max on this watch. Is there any update on this or in developement? thnks

Comment

Working...
                                X